*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Funnily enough I was thinking of going with 6 first, What's so bad about it?
So this is coming from someone who liked 6 albeit that I recognise that it's the weakest in the series. The main problems are that firstly the camera angle is strange and takes a fair bit of getting used to, there are too many QTEs, you can't pause the game, the saving / checkpoint system is rubbish and confusing and one of the chapters in particular (Chris's chapter) is basically a zombie shooter (the zombies have uzi's too) and quite dull. Having said all that, you still get all the brilliant Resident Evil cinematics and some of the melee combat is really good fun. Once you adjust to it's quirks there is still a lot of fun to be had with the game, particularly if you're a fan of the RE universe. I think the devs were a bit too ambitious in how they tried to structure the game and what they tried to include but it's still kind of cool how you play each chapter from a different characters perspective and how their stories cross over with each others. I'd try it for yourself if you already own it before dismissing it completely. I really enjoyed it and will probably play it again one day.

Last edited:
Soldato
£44.99/£52.99 for standard and deluxe editions is quite high. Suppose it was never going to be as cheap as previous remakes as a lot more work has gone into this one with most things having to be built from the groud up.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I will wait and get the deluxe version from GMG when they offer a 20-22% off code at some point before it gets released. I think £40 for the deluxe version would be nice. I did the same with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided :)

But truth be told if a few years ago someone said to me would you pay £100 even for a Resident Evil 2 Remake I would have said shut up and take my money, so I cannot complain :D

Associate
I will pay full price if there is no alternative but 25-30 for the deluxe is what I am hoping for
RE4 is one of my all time fave games I cannot wait for this seeing as it looks like it will play in a similar kind of way

Back
Top Bottom