Resident Evil 4

Soldato
Decrypted & launched ok now just moving away from my OS SSD before playing it uses the exact same titles screen as the Ubisoft port though :rolleyes:

Soldato
Capcom strikes again :rolleyes: buyer beware :(

1: Crappy 2005 era textures its not HD at all. Upscaled to HD resolutions yes but that's it. Most are so shocking you would not believe how bad they stand out in 2014 :eek:

2: Mouse+KB & 360 gamepad aiming is messed up now its 60FPS which means it jerks all over the place when you need to be precise. This is game breakingly bad :rolleyes:

3: Reuses the same title screen from the 2007 Ubisoft port. That new red title screen on Steam is nowhere to be seen its just to make you think the game is newer than it is. Capcom now changed it to the blue GC screen as well on some of the Steam store pages.

Being a massive fan of RE4 I decided to buy this even though I already owned from new in 2007 the much maligned Ubisoft PC port (which is not too bad actually anyway). I have to tell you this 2014 release is very poor it looks little different to the 2007 port & actually worse in places due to the upscaling & sub std textures. All Capcom appear to have done is create very few new textures which look a little sharper but not by much. Most of the game looks identical to the 2007 release. 60FPS introduces some issues as well with aiming the mouse+kb is almost unplayable now & gamepad not much better its horrendous & unfixable IMO as this new version clearly uses the same code as before its 1:1 identical gameplay wise the only changes are minor cosmetic textures.

Capcom have done what they do best rebrand the same old game for a new audience who never owned this on PC before. Save yourself some money buy the 2007 port mod it then you are not missing much at all its that basic a HD edition :rolleyes: Capcom say its based on the GC edition I say its based on the PS2 edition it looks identical to the 2007 PC port in most places apart from a few slightly sharper textures I do not think Capcom even know or are willing to admit this is just the 2007 Port with Steamworks, 60 FPS a few random sharper textures & **** *** else :rolleyes:

Soldato
Capcom strikes again :rolleyes: buyer beware :(

1: Crappy 2005 era textures its not HD at all. Upscaled to HD resolutions yes but that's it. Most are so shocking you would not believe how bad they stand out in 2014 :eek:

2: Mouse+KB & 360 gamepad aiming is messed up now its 60FPS which means it jerks all over the place when you need to be precise. This is game breakingly bad :rolleyes:

3: Reuses the same title screen from the 2007 Ubisoft port. That new red title screen on Steam is nowhere to be seen its just to make you think the game is newer than it is. Capcom now changed it to the blue GC screen as well on some of the Steam store pages.

Being a massive fan of RE4 I decided to buy this even though I already owned from new in 2007 the much maligned Ubisoft PC port (which is not too bad actually anyway). I have to tell you this 2014 release is very poor it looks little different to the 2007 port & actually worse in places due to the upscaling & sub std textures. All Capcom appear to have done is create very few new textures which look a little sharper but not by much. Most of the game looks identical to the 2007 release. 60FPS introduces some issues as well with aiming the mouse+kb is almost unplayable now & gamepad not much better its horrendous & unfixable IMO as this new version clearly uses the same code as before its 1:1 identical gameplay wise the only changes are minor cosmetic textures.

Capcom have done what they do best rebrand the same old game for a new audience who never owned this on PC before. Save yourself some money buy the 2007 port mod it then you are not missing much at all its that basic a HD edition :rolleyes: Capcom say its based on the GC edition I say its based on the PS2 edition it looks identical to the 2007 PC port in most places apart from a few slightly sharper textures I do not think Capcom even know or are willing to admit this is just the 2007 Port with Steamworks, 60 FPS a few random sharper textures & **** *** else :rolleyes:

well, i sank a couple of hours into it last night, and overall am pretty happy with it, it is afterall a near ten year old game. not really sure what you were expecting .

Soldato
Coming from the Wii version, I find the controls feel really off.

I have to admit, I detest my Wii and the visuals are disgusting BUT the controls on Res4 were SUPERB.

Any recommendations please?

Soldato
Coming from the Wii version, I find the controls feel really off.

I have to admit, I detest my Wii and the visuals are disgusting BUT the controls on Res4 were SUPERB.

Any recommendations please?
Its unfixable :eek: gamepad & mouse+kb controls are very poor the 60FPS unlock has caused more jittering than ever before making aiming a real painful chore now :( some guys on Steam are trying to get a refund I doubt it will succeed somehow but they do have a point !

Soldato
It seems a bit slow to aim and turn. I remember it being faster on the original PC version. Is it the same for others or is it just because i'm used to RE5?

Caporegime
I bought it too.

Couldn't resist after watching the RPS linked Twitch stream of the game.

It's the 3rd version of the game I've owned (Previously had Gamecube and Wii versions) and probably my 5th playthrough. Not everything is 'HD' but it looks better than it ever has before. I even found new stuff I didn't know about before, such as at the farm, you can shoot the wood over the wells to stop the gems falling in the water and losing value.

Played it for about 3 hours so far, just found Ashley. I had some weird slow-mo thing right near the beginning but either I got used to it or it went away completely.

I'm playing through it on the Xbox 360 pad. I noticed the sensitivity on the binoculars was ridiculously high at the start where you peer in to the office, so I didn't bother getting the rifle+scope as I have done before as I imagine it's pretty tricky to aim. Most games automatically lower the sensitivity when zoomed in to make aiming easier but apparently Capcom didn't get that memo.

Caporegime
It's not that bad, I adapted to the the controls in 10 minutes or so.

Usually I would use left trigger to aim the gun, and there's no way to do that in the 3 control schemes offered.

Back
Top Bottom