Resident Evil 7!!!

Been watching someone play this and reading reviews and what people are talking about it and clearly in my view it's not worth the £39.99 price tag and the £24.99 season price.

Someones completed the game under 2 hours and 30 minutes while 6 to 8 hours seems the normal.

2 and a half hours?? How the hell have they done that !??? I have 2 and a half hours played and I have literally only just reached the main house. That seems an incredibly suspicious time to beat it in, unless they are counting simply getting out of the demo house as beating the game, in which case 2 and a half hours is about right, but thats only a small part of the game itself.

2 and a half hours?? How the hell have they done that !??? I have 2 and a half hours played and I have literally only just reached the main house. That seems an incredibly suspicious time to beat it in, unless they are counting simply getting out of the demo house as beating the game, in which case 2 and a half hours is about right, but thats only a small part of the game itself.

i wouldnt say its odd, the other re games can be done in that time, so it was likely just not there first play through

i wouldnt say its odd, the other re games can be done in that time, so it was likely just not there first play through

I still dont see how it can be done in that time, there are multiple video tapes , which all have to be played through and arent skippable, just those alone would account for a fair whack of time. Even assuming you did all the puzzles in the right order, won all the fights first time every time, I would say it would take longer than 2 and a half hours. Has anyone got an actual link to the alleged 2.5 hours video?

If you look at this.. http://wwg.com/2017/01/21/resident-evil-7-story-length-and-review-details-revealed/

There the reviewers say an estimated 15 hours to complete, with the average gamer completing in 12 hours... completing it (allegedly) in 20% of that time seems a highly dubious claim to me. Could be its possible, but I would want 100% proof before I even vaguely believe it.

Last edited:
Even if is 10-12 hours, that is really disappointing. Just checked my hours played on RE4, 5 & 6 and they all have over 50 hours of play each!

It depends how the story goes for me I think, 10-12 hours is about the amount of time it took me to complete the Bioshock games and Alien Isolation and I loved those (Alien Isolation being my game of the year that year)

But there is a WORLD of difference between it being a 10-12 hour game and it being a 2.5 hour game.

Well I've played about 30mins so far, and for comedy value I have set my room to be very dark. And I'm even recording myself playthrough but with my webcam of me in the corner.

Just got away from the Father of the family via the hatch in the floor
I have jumped/crapped myself a few times already
First time was when Mia was down the stairwell (when she attacks you) and second time when she busted through the wall with the chain saw in the attic.
I also crapped myself when the head of the family jumped through the wall when I was trying to leg it away from him when he has the shovel.

I'm really enjoying this so far, even if it's freaking me out a little, I'm geniunely scared in places haha. This game if you played it with a VR headset I think I'd proper poop myself. Hmmm I kinda wanna buy it now for my PS VR headset (playing on PC version atm)

Last edited:
What does everyone think of the game? I loved the first versions of this on the PS1 but have not played any of the games in years, I think nemesis was the last one I played.

seems to have gone to first person now where it used to be you seeing over your char.

I quite enjoy the films as well :D lol

Even if is 10-12 hours, that is really disappointing. Just checked my hours played on RE4, 5 & 6 and they all have over 50 hours of play each!

couldnt disagree more tbh, for a fairly linear story only game, 8-12 hours is the sweet spot if paced well. anything after that becomes a huge drag imo. Alien for me went on too long, maybe about 15 hrs and felt super padded and ruined the whole game for me!

So what if there's 50 hours in RE5 or 6? I'd rather 10 hours of quality content than 50 hours of shootemup.

Agreed but it's about expectations - I expected a game of similar length based on the previous entries. Maybe the 10-12 hours will be so intense it will feel ok at the end or if it is all based in the one location then maybe it was right to be the length it is. I certainly wouldn't want them to put extra stuff in it just for sake of it but I always feel a bit short changed when a single player campaign ends around 10 hours. The Crysis games being the worst offenders for me in recent memory.

Each to there own i think its very player dependent. I prefer a quality shorter game as i tend to grow bored unless it keeps the pacing up!

not played yet mines coming tomorrow, atleast at 8 hours i have a chance of finishing it :D

couldnt disagree more tbh, for a fairly linear story only game, 8-12 hours is the sweet spot if paced well. anything after that becomes a huge drag imo. Alien for me went on too long, maybe about 15 hrs and felt super padded and ruined the whole game for me!

Fair enough - I see where you're coming from. I'm always gutted when a great game ends and sometimes it feels like the game is just getting started and then it's over for me when its around the 10 hour mark. Interesting that you got through Alien Isolation was long at 15 hours - it took me 36 hours to get through the game! Maybe I spent too much time cowering under desks or in lockers. :D

Back
Top Bottom