Resident Evil 7!!!

Soldato
This 21:9 thing seems to come up with every new games thread when it's released, it seems that more games don't offer good support compared to those that do so maybe the world just isn't ready for 21:9 yet? Obviously can understand the frustration for those with these screens but if it's meaning you can't buy and enjoy a game maybe go back to the more standard ratio or something?

I imagine it's getting better with time though surely?

I wouldn't go as far as not buying or playing a game that doesn't support my 21:9 resolution as you can, as you say, just play it in 16:9 with the black bars although I absolutely understand those who do - BUT... the frustration is that this is nothing to with modern technology or coding - it's just poor/lazy coding. Most games support this resolution automatically and I'm talking about old games too. For example I've played Half Life 2, F.E.A.R, etc last year and they all supported 3440x1440 with no workarounds. I can't profess to understand how the programming/coding works however I believe that a well coded game can easily detect the monitor settings automatically and display the game accordingly. If these older games can do it when they were created before 21:9 even existed then is there really an excuse for developers not to have this functionality in their new games? Capcom are one of the worst offenders.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't go as far as not buying or playing a game that doesn't support my 21:9 resolution as you can, as you say, just play it in 16:9 with the black bars although I absolutely understand those who do - BUT... the frustration is that this is nothing to with modern technology or coding - it's just poor/lazy coding. Most games support this resolution automatically and I'm talking about old games too. For example I've played Half Life 2, F.E.A.R, etc this year and they all supported 3440x1440 with no workarounds. I can't profess to understand how the programming/coding works however I believe that a well coded game can easily detect the monitor settings automatically and display the game accordingly. If these older games can do it when they were created before 21:9 even existed then is there really an excuse for developers not to have this functionality in their new games? Capcom are one of the worst offenders.

Like I say I'm not clued up on the topic but this has showed me what the problems are! That's crazy, just screams lazy console porting doesn't it?

Soldato
Just bought this today and it is now downloading nicely for me via Steam

Screenshot%202017-01-24%2013.04.10.png

Associate
Doesn't feel derped - it just works :p

Ah you would say that GunnyMcGunFace, who has a gun coming out of his Face, you find these things immersive and easy:p

Seriously, other titles with look2aim or look-walk just feel so wrong - and especially in horror I don't want my looking to have a bearing on where I'm going or shooting. edit* when I said that I realised in RE was the original can-only-shoot-which-way-you're-walking game, so I guess its keeping with the style :D

I'm glad they have some kind of real locomotion though, even if its with derp2aim

I bet its scary too

Last edited:
Soldato
Ha! Just died for the first time! Awesome death!!

Performance wise - it's not smoothest I've experienced - the occasional stutter and the FPS goes from 32 to 120! I have capped the framerates at 75 and with freesync on it's not so bad...

Soldato
Doesn't the Unreal Engine (or whatever it is ), not do SLi/Xfire ?

Mine was only using one 980ti card sitting at 30fps on the main screen maxed out 4k this morning. I'll check steam forums when I get home for the best recommendation - probably just AFR2 from the control panel if it doesn't cause negative scaling or glitchy shadows.

Beyond that guess I'll turn off AA and Turn the shadows and ambient occlusion down one notch to get over 30fps with 1 card in 4k.

Soldato
Any one else getting mega stuttering/hitching once you reach the main house? People on NeoGaf experiencing it too!

Yeah I experienced this (6820HK and 1080 GTX).

I had all graphics settings @ max but allowing GFE to "optimise" the game sorted it. The only setting GFE knocked down was shadow cache so it must be related to that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I must have died about 20 times already.

Died so many times in that chainsaw battle. I thought I had to break the door to get away as usually I run away from him as he keeps coming back alive anyway, so pointless wasting bullets on him... Finally passed it now, but it was starting to get annoying :p

Soldato
Performance doesn't seem has good as the Demo? I still getting great FPS around 80fps but at the same location and settings I was getting over 100FPS in the demo?

Am sure I using the same settings in the demo I dropped shadow to high and AO to ssao

Back
Top Bottom