** Resident Evil Village Thread **

Soldato
As someone with a weak heart who doesn’t respond well to jump scares, could this be one to avoid for me

If the setting is something you like (castles, vampires, lycans etc). Have a look at Castlevania Lords of Shadow. It's one of my all time favorite games and still holds up today.

Just don't play the second one (the last release), it's gash.

Associate
I like the resi games i just hate the running away crap from enemy's that keep on hunting you down and that cannot be stopped, doesn't let you explore much, looks like this is gonna be the same pap, had to run away from that wifey with the flys (or whatever they are)

Associate
After playing the demo I feel like the full game is going to be a solid... 5/10 :p. Probably worth a play but nothing memorable, the voice acting was distractingly awful even for a RE game. I was going to pre-order but I'm not sure now

Soldato
After playing the demo I feel like the full game is going to be a solid... 5/10 :p. Probably worth a play but nothing memorable, the voice acting was distractingly awful even for a RE game. I was going to pre-order but I'm not sure now

Just cancelled my preorder. Only put one on when CDkeys had a good daily deal a few months back but upon trying the demo I requested a refund. Happy to grab it down the line somewhere

Soldato
I also played it, graphics are not terrible at all.. did you even go into the castle area? looks stunning inside. Why is everyone all about graphics these days anyway? gameplay > graphics. RE never fails with story and gameplay. 7 was great and the RE Engine is brilliant.

Yes.

The floor was ok-ish but that's it.
I have all the graphic options on full with RTX.
It looked crap and dull.

Look on the ground where it was raining or wet. Any reflection? No.
If this game was called Vampire Hall, it would be slammed.

Soldato
Yes.

The floor was ok-ish but that's it.
I have all the graphic options on full with RTX.
It looked crap and dull.

Look on the ground where it was raining or wet. Any reflection? No.
If this game was called Vampire Hall, it would be slammed.
I honestly don't know how any one can call the graphics in this "crap and dull". Looks absolutely stunning to me.

I haz 4090!
Don
The reviews for this sound pretty stonking across the board, and I enjoyed the demo. Definite buy from me, although I'll wait until Saturday just in case there are any hidden "surprises".

jpm

jpm

Associate

To scary to play? Now I've heard everything :cry:

I thought 7 was more about the tension than scary, for me anyway, specially the first half when you're hiding and making your way round the house when Jack was after you.

Marguerite section gave a couple of jump scares but that was it. But still wouldn't say it was to scary to play lol.

Still plan on playing this with the missus so looking forward to it :) plus the reviews are looking good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just updated the OP with a few youtube video reviews :)

Did not watch them though as by the time you watch these things you see so much that it takes a little away from the experience sometimes.

Associate
I honestly don't know how any one can call the graphics in this "crap and dull". Looks absolutely stunning to me.

2021 entitlement for you.

SPOILER-Resident-Evil-Village-Gameplay-Demo-02-05-2021-01-56-49-1.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom