Resident Evil Village

Soldato
You can also get upgrades by making the dishes with the duke to significantly reduce the amount of damage you take while blocking. Tested it out on casual and while blocking i think it took about 10 hits from the sisters and about 5 from Dimitrescu before my health even went to orange.

Associate
Finished first run through on hardcore, took 11.30. Really enjoyed it but ammo was tight, focused on increasing power of weapons first and had to do a lot of gun switching, shotgun blast then finish with Lemi, pipe bombs useful as well.

Sniper rifle it prob best weapon, found it useful on all enemies and bosses.

If you activate the ammo cheat does it count towards achievements/ challenges? I assume it will be needed on the unlocked difficultly? Also do weapon upgrades carry over for next play through?

Castle is very good part of game but also enjoyed the village as well. The Mansion award a bit disturbed.

Games makes me want to play 7 again, Village does feel like the longest Resident Evil though. Give it 8.5/10 on ps5.

Soldato
Where do I say I bought it, I would if it had a different format

Sorry, the bit "The graphic in the game looks very good" implied (to me at least) that you had been playing it, hence why you had made such a judgement on how good the game looks - I guess not owning it, would be the reason for your moan about the monsters :D Still quite an odd thing to say imo, as the Resident Evil games have always been about "monsters and zombies".

My bad.

Soldato
Made a start on this today, as always I start my first runs on standard. I'm probably spending too much time exploring (most the time find nothing useful) but that's just a habit from playing all the previous RE games. I've just reached the castle and saved, think I've been playing for almost 2 hours.

I died at the part where you get overwhelmed with enemies and that big axe/hammer wielding dude makes an appearance. I also died twice later when you have to run and escape the spiked ceiling and other trap. Its very easy when you eventually realise where you are supposed to go but it is catching me out the first time I'm playing it.

I'm glad it's not a short game as I want several more sessions before I get to the end. I don't particularly like the inventory screen, I've been crafting bullets etc but it doesn't seem entirely clear to me what I'm doing on there. Overall though, so far so good.

Soldato
Had a session last night until 2am. Fought and killled the three sisters and the mother at the end just as I escaped the castle. Really enjoying it so far, am I half way through yet? I hope not.

I'm finding I have ample bullets (for the handgun especially), I've not found myself short of ammo at all yet and I only use the knife to break things open. I also got to experience the ps5 trigger button change sensitivity when using the rifle, that was a nice touch.

Soldato
Had a session last night until 2am. Fought and killled the three sisters and the mother at the end just as I escaped the castle. Really enjoying it so far, am I half way through yet? I hope not.

I'm finding I have ample bullets (for the handgun especially), I've not found myself short of ammo at all yet and I only use the knife to break things open. I also got to experience the ps5 trigger button change sensitivity when using the rifle, that was a nice touch.

Still a way to go yet.

I found myself using the upgraded shotty the most and crafting shotty ammo more than anything else. I used the pistol occasionally, mainly for finishing off bad guys - i had hundreds of pistol rounds left at the end. Shotgun will take down bad guys with one shot if aimed right or 2 - 3 if you fire blind.

Soldato
I'm in the house thats full of dolls, probably not the best idea to be playing at this time with the lights dimmed. It was eerily quiet for ages now I find myself hiding under the bed, jeez.

Soldato
LOL i am just on my 5th playthrough now. Village of Shadows difficulty.. :o... Actually its not that bad when you have magnum with infinite rounds. I am near the end now...

I am currently stuck on Sturm. Even with the STAKE he is stupidly tough as when he runs into the wall you have about a second to shoot his weak point. Tried a couple of times last night but failed. He insta kills you if he gets you near a wall. Weird thing is that i did the Lady Killer and Hide and Seek Master challenges on Village of Shadows difficulty but struggled to do them on casual :cry:

Soldato
I was meaning to finish this asap and sell it on as I'd probably get my money back but I'm already looking forward to my 2nd run with better weapons right from the start. Still not found the magnum yet although I found some magnum ammo, hope I haven't missed it. I sold the standard handgun and standard shotgun to the merchant as I have the improved versions, hope this wasn't a mistake. All 3 of my weapons are fully maxed to where it would allow at this point in the game. Can't wait to get stuck into this again tonight.

Soldato
Nah, like most RE games you get it about 2/3 of the way through.. ;) Ammo is VERY scarce for it though unless you get the infinite ammo for it... The requirements for infinite ammo for certain weapons are to find and install all of the attachments and then fully upgrade and it becomes available. The problem is that although the attachments are on the map, the upgrades to max it out do not become available until second play through and are VERY expensive. Oh and the attachments are easy to miss, i missed one of the attachments for the first magnum and its reasonably near the end so you have to play it through again to that point to get it. I think it took me till 1/3 way through 3rd play through get both of the attachments and to fully upgrade. Great fun tho.. :D

Soldato
Got the magnum now, upgraded the firepower on it and wasted no time in taking down the big guy in Otto's Mill with it, easy work. The game does seem a little bit easy so far but I'm not complaining.

Soldato
Yeah he was a bugger without it. I think i sniped him in the head a few times from across the room then went running around baiting him into the barrels but got him in the end.

Yeah on Normal its not tough but enough to progress the story at a decent pace.

Make sure you search everywhere in the factory for attachment for the magnum.

Back
Top Bottom