Return to Sw:ToR

Soldato
I recently tried to play as it was apparently 'free'. What a joke. 90% of the game has to be bough through microtransations.

A warning to anyone wanting to play. Don't.

Permabanned
I recently tried to play as it was apparently 'free'. What a joke. 90% of the game has to be bough through microtransations.

A warning to anyone wanting to play. Don't.

At max level yeah there's a fair bit that needs MT or sub. Other than that it's one of the best F2P models around.

Associate
At max level yeah there's a fair bit that needs MT or sub. Other than that it's one of the best F2P models around.

It really isn't. Even as an occasional player who has preferred status from subbing for 6 months at launch it's hugely restrictive, and the full F2P model is even worse.

Associate
So there are 1, maybe two depending on how wildstar turns out that are better? In the grand scheme of things...

They are the only 2 I've really looked at, but can you link any that are worse than ToR?

Also the Wildstar model is better regardless of how the games fares since going f2p.

Permabanned
OP
They are the only 2 I've really looked at, but can you link any that are worse than ToR?

Also the Wildstar model is better regardless of how the games fares since going f2p.

While I have never thought the Sw:TOR F2P model is the best, its also not the most restrictive, there is very little you cannot do in the game that you can as a subscriber, they just limit how much you can do, yes I think they a little bit nickle and dime, but that side, I think the game has improved hugely and IMO, is the best MMO out there right now.

Guild wise since we back the guild has over 50 in, but still not feeling like a guild, and unless get a few more social people in think we may just not make it!

Associate
While I have never thought the Sw:TOR F2P model is the best, its also not the most restrictive, there is very little you cannot do in the game that you can as a subscriber, they just limit how much you can do, yes I think they a little bit nickle and dime, but that side, I think the game has improved hugely and IMO, is the best MMO out there right now.

I completely disagree but this isn't the thread for it, sorry for derailing it.

Permabanned
OP
Hi, u guys rep or sith? do you do much raiding are or are u guys still levelling?

Rep, most of then guild still; levelling, though I run raids most days, still mostly pugs, but more and more of the guild is joining.

Once we got enough 60's, will go to 3 raid nights a week on a 2 hour run (fixed set time)

Will maybe have to look for a new raid leader as not sure our old one is coming back, just had a kid so ..

(I do not have the temperament to lead raids! :o)

Associate
What is this honestly like now, i played when it first come out but i dropped off really quickly.

its f2p so its worth me reinstalling for sure!

Back
Top Bottom