Reverse Parking

True. And people who judge others for what they consider red flags might also be a red flag for a relationship.
Hmmm, if someone had a red flag for a potential partner if she spoke without permission, most would't be judged in finding that a red flag !

I always reverse park even in supermarkets (mainly as I get my shopping delivered so it's only a few bits I get :p ). Both me and the Mrs reverse onto our drive too (although it is a cul-de-sac). It's worrying the amount of people that pull forward on our estate though, I've had to swerve a few times. The only time I can see pulling on forwards being useful is if you have a front charging port, but I echo above, so much easier to see especially as there may be kids running around.

I always reverse into public parking spots (but don't drive to supermarkets/airports to have the boot problem there). Forward parkers make their lives more difficult, it is easier to reverse into a spot that you can see is clear and drive out forwards with good visibility.

Driveways it depends. My driveway I drive forwards on as it will make stealing the car harder and I have good visibility onto a quiet road. My sisters driveway is on a A road, I've never driven forwards on to it as the visibility is non existent, so the only option is to block the traffic and reverse onto it. I say the only option, my brother and other sister when they first visited it drove forwards onto it and found out the hard way!

I've basically been trained over the last 25+ years of driving to go in nose first.

Basically I'm normally either going to the supermarket where I need access to the boot to load stuff, or have a wheelchair/walker etc that needs to be taken out and those things need a good amount of space behind you (mum needed a wheelchair, now dad needs a walker).

Probably 95% of the time I reverse in - even when a car park is mostly empty I still reverse in as driving in forward feels alien to me.

Normally when I reverse in at the supermarket I've parked in one of those bays with pedestrian access behind.

Reverse park for me, including most supermarkets as it makes getting out of the space easier and safer. I will occasionally forward park in a supermarket if it's fairly empty so access to the boot is easier. But only if it's quiet.

I always try and reverse park even at the supermarket. I try to find pedestrian access behind the car when in the supermarket, to allow me space to access the boot. However, I can't parallel park and actively avoid it!

I have to wonder where some of you are shopping mind :s almost inevitably if I stop after a space to reverse in there will be a person behind me who just follows me close enough to leave no space for the manoeuvre and/or just nips forward into the space instead LOL.

Supermarket its nose first as accessing the boot is much easier than squeezing the trolley past cars parked too close to yours and taking off their wing mirror, or some plonker in the bay in front has parked six inches from your boot usually an SUV that already takes up a space and a half just by itself. As a supermarket pedestrian on the other hand I stay well away from parked cars as their awareness of anything behind them is notoriously poor and they will pull out without warning often it used to be with ICE you got a warning as the engine is running with electric you get none. Street parking on the other hand its reverse park or bust because you aren't getting into that tight space otherwise.
With a reversing camera and/or sensors, surely reverse parking is easier?
What if you don't have either?

Back
Top Bottom