Reverse Parking

Genuinely forget the last time I drove forward into a parking space. Twenty years ago? Thirty? Forty? It could be any of those.

Never had a problem getting into the boot in a supermarket, just park a few inches away from the wall, the post, the car behind, whatever. The supermarket I go to the most is Tesco and there’s a walkway behind the car so I back up until I’m about an inch away from the posts.

Forward parking is wrong 100% of the time.

That’s me on the right at the hospital (and before I fixed the parking sensors).

xNJP1Xt.jpeg

Sounds like people who thought they were good at parking but ultimately weren't and should have stuck to forward parking and taking extra driving lessons on spatial awareness lol

Genuinely forget the last time I drove forward into a parking space. Twenty years ago? Thirty? Forty? It could be any of those.

Never had a problem getting into the boot in a supermarket, just park a few inches away from the wall, the post, the car behind, whatever. The supermarket I go to the most is Tesco and there’s a walkway behind the car so I back up until I’m about an inch away from the posts.

Forward parking is wrong 100% of the time.

That’s me on the right at the hospital (and before I fixed the parking sensors).

xNJP1Xt.jpeg

How are you bringing the trolley full of avocados and bread up to the boot though? ;)
It ain't fitting down the side of the car unless you shop in costco with big wide bays or you park in parent and child.

Sometimes I park in frontwards because I don't want to go boot to boot with a big heffing SUV where Sharon will come out and press the automatic boot opener straight into my rear end without having checked the gap between vehicles.

I never reverse park, have camera's and sensors all round on my car.

Only people I know who have had an accident while parking are the ones who reverse park - one ran over his dog and the other hit a kid.
That's far more likely when reversing out of a spot imo.

I always park nose in, angled so that no one can park in the two spaces next to me. Works well most of the time, but there always seems to be accidental scratches in the doors from people who are careless with their trollies...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom