US: Rick & Morty

Soldato
That was good, enjoyed that (S5E1).

Was a tad disappointed with S4 overall, so hopefully this is a return to form.

Really? I thought Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat, Rattlestar Ricklactica, Promortyus, The Vat of Acid Episode and Star Mort Rickturn of the Jerri were great. There were a couple of very week episodes but those carried it through.

Episode 1 of season 5 was a fantastic start. Will watch episode 2 tonight.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wasn't a big fan of episode 2 honestly. Too much repetition and too much going on all the time. Got a few chuckles but wasn't a patch on last week.

Associate
Season 4 was good apart from the elon musk character and references to that well known adult site.

Probably becoming a bit familiar now, but even weak R&M is better than most stuff out there.

Soldato
EP03

Hmmm.... kinda so so.
A solid 6/10 I guess.

I think either of the arcs was probably strong enough to be fleshed out into a full episode, but having them both take up only 50% of the time each, neither of them really took off.
Still, got a few chuckles here and there :)

Associate
Strong episode, had some emotion and good laughs.

How does the censor ship work? Are swear words always beeped out or is it just my... ahem... totally legal video that does it? I assume the alien body parts are always censored for comic effect.

Soldato
It's up on E4 the day after airing in the US. Actually it might even be the same day? 10pm tonight anyway - little reason to look anywhere else.

Are swear words always beeped out or is it just my... ahem... totally legal video that does it?

It's uncensored on E4, too. Which actually shook me a bit after being used to watching semi-censored episodes on netflix lol. It's raw.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its Summers one liners that crack me up, the trip in the ship had me in stiches, how they got away with that is beyond me.

But overall its a great show with up`s and down`s

Soldato
I’m going to give Rick and Morty another try after being a little late to the party. I remember watching a bit of the first episode of the first series a year or so ago and wasn’t blown away. Does it get amazingly good half way through the first series or is it indicative as to how the whole thing is?

Soldato
I’m going to give Rick and Morty another try after being a little late to the party. I remember watching a bit of the first episode of the first series a year or so ago and wasn’t blown away. Does it get amazingly good half way through the first series or is it indicative as to how the whole thing is?

Episode 2 onwards is awesome, not to say the first episode isn't.

Soldato
Episode 5 4 had all the ingredients to be a good episode but I was left cold. Maybe the Rick and Morty formula has run it course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom