Rift s whos getting one?

Associate
does anyone know of a way i can set mutiple play areas with the rift s? i was able to do this with my vive before so i didnt have to set a new area every time i changed from seating to room scale games. i cant remember what external program i used for this and cant seem to find anything online about it either. annoyingly the quest can store several play areas but not the rift s thats connected to a pc with plenty of room to stored thousands of play spaces...

Soldato
I guess they assume that the cable limits you to one space. I’ve worked around it by skipping Guardian setup when seated. This leaves my Guardian setup intact for room scale. I do have to skip setup each time though when seated so it is not ideal.

Soldato
CV1 is going back. Rift S is a big big big step up visually. However ASW in skyrim isn't doing too well anymore..

Lower Supersampling. It doesn't have as big of an impact visually on the Rift S compared to the Rift because of the shape of the pixels. It might even make things look worse if you use too high a value for SS.

Soldato
Beta of the next Oculus software release is now available through the PTC.
  • Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.

Associate
I can confirm that the black screen issue has been resolved with the latest firmware, which is a huge relief! Having said that, the white static issue still persists, but Oculus have confirmed that they are still working on a fix:
Hey all - quick clarification on the white / static issue some of you are reporting. The firmware released as part of today's PTC update is not expected to fix that known issue. The team is still investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. If you've run through the troubleshooting steps on this support article (which it seems like many of you have) and you're still experiencing issues, we kindly ask for your continued patience while the team works on further firmware updates. Sorry for the confusion and apologies for the inconvenience.

Soldato
not totally fixed. i had one today when putting on the headset whilst my pc was in a weird idle mode. definitely power related but as soon as i logged back in and the pc woke up everything, it was fine.

Associate
Interesting "knuckles" style controller grips for the Rift. A little expensive though ($37).

Just to say I bought these as I was having issues with the new controllers being a bit smaller for my shovel hands. I really missed having the thumb rest. I also remove the battery cover on the new controllers a fair bit as I'm trying to grip without pressing buttons.

These have helped me out no end. And cured all the issues I have with the new controllers. A little bit more hassle putting on your hands but not really taking off. I bought 2 sets in error so I'll put one on the members market.

Soldato
Just to say I bought these as I was having issues with the new controllers being a bit smaller for my shovel hands. I really missed having the thumb rest. I also remove the battery cover on the new controllers a fair bit as I'm trying to grip without pressing buttons.

These have helped me out no end. And cured all the issues I have with the new controllers. A little bit more hassle putting on your hands but not really taking off. I bought 2 sets in error so I'll put one on the members market.

Nice please gimme a discount haha!

Back
Top Bottom