RIP Adam Johnson / Ice Hockey player

Are you guys suggesting he jumped in the air to kick\hit Johnson?

I'm confused are you missing the part where he lined up a hip check and was readying to hit Johnson when he was clipped by a crossing panthers player or are you just that convinced of his guilt that doesn't matter as he was going to kick him either way?

He certainly didn't "lift his leg up to head height" as he was sent spinning by clipping the panthers player, it happens quite often but does it very rarely result in someone's skate hitting another player anywhere never mind exposed neck.

Either you're not seeing the proper picture or are just on the windup so we'll leave it there and let the police conduct their enquiries but after watching hockey for the best part of 30 years I've never witnessed anyone try to injure someone like you keep saying and I've already mentioned in one of my earlier posts we've had some real lunatics playing the game on these shores.

whilst i agree with what you are saying only the player really knows.

does not look good in my eyes.

Are you guys suggesting he jumped in the air to kick\hit Johnson?

I'm confused are you missing the part where he lined up a hip check and was readying to hit Johnson when he was clipped by a crossing panthers player or are you just that convinced of his guilt that doesn't matter as he was going to kick him either way?

He certainly didn't "lift his leg up to head height" as he was sent spinning by clipping the panthers player, it happens quite often but does it very rarely result in someone's skate hitting another player anywhere never mind exposed neck.

Either you're not seeing the proper picture or are just on the windup so we'll leave it there and let the police conduct their enquiries but after watching hockey for the best part of 30 years I've never witnessed anyone try to injure someone like you keep saying and I've already mentioned in one of my earlier posts we've had some real lunatics playing the game on these shores.

Don't even entertain them - majority of them are choosing to ignore the sequence of events and going straight to the 'he did it on purpose' ***** by disregarding the fact that Petgrave was clipped by the other Panthers player.

Most of the people commenting on it have never watched a game of hockey but think they know everything about it.

Yep I don't think they understand what happens when edging a skate. Every single ex pro or major podcast I follow for Ice Hockey has said the exact same thing more or less. He may at worst have gone for a trip but edged his skate which caused it. I think they will do what they did with visors in the NHL and grandfather them in. There's still a few players left who don't even wear a half visor. Lot's say the current next guards are terrible to wear which is why 18 year olds ditch them. This will now prompt some major investment into design and comfort. Even the goalkeeper, very few use even the floating guard because they find them distracting.

I only ever joined twitter to find NHL news as it's thin on the ground over here but my god what a hateful place that is. So many people crying murder who never watch the game and usually posting about some outrage in the LBGTQ community or immigrants.

Yeah Gretzky is the only person I’ve seen state “so called accident”. Everyone else thinks it’s accidental.

I think it’s madness when I see players without visors so I hope the NHL is pushed harder for reform now.

Yeah Gretzky is the only person I’ve seen state “so called accident”. Everyone else thinks it’s accidental.

I think it’s madness when I see players without visors so I hope the NHL is pushed harder for reform now.
visors are already mandatory for anyone joining the nhl. only a few players left now as everyone was grandfathered in.

visors are already mandatory for anyone joining the nhl. only a few players left now as everyone was grandfathered in.
I know that’s what I said in post 65 :)

I see them doing similar with neck guards once they are properly developed. Even the players that have worn them since they aren’t covering much of the critical area of the next while playing from the photographs I’ve seen.

This is a sport miles behind in head trauma and concussion let alone starting with neck protection.

There has to be intent to harm when you lift your leg up to head height, certainly didnt mean to kill but theres no way that happens without intent to move like that. It looks so blatent, cant believe people actually think its an accident.

I posted a video further up that shows collisions and skates being lifted to head height.

Matt Petgrave has a lot of history as a thug
Which means absolutely nothing. Arber Xhekaj has the most penalty points in the NHL this year and his job is too smash people into boards and punch them into the shadow realm if required. There's been way way more aggressive moves than that in the NHL but it doesn't mean any attempt has been made to cut someone's throat.

I'm sure he went for the trip and then he caught an edge. Nothing more than that and pretty unanimously the hockey world at the highest level says the same.

So what? There's almost a tripping foul in every single NHL game and they are done with intent. It would be no different to me tackling someone on the football pitch badly, a yellow card offence and the players hits his head on a goal post and dies. Nothing more than a horrible horrible accident.

Reactions: SPG
So he went for the trip so intent was there then

I'm not saying going for the kill but intent was there
So as I mentioned you're now just trolling, as many people has said he was bracing for a hip check, to do that your back leg straightens out to provide balance, you are aware that players are allowed to run into each other in hockey, it's called hitting and is as much of a part of the game as putting the puck in the net and yes intent to hit Johnson was 100% there from Petgrave (a completely legal move in Ice Hockey), intent to trip over the trailing leg of the Panther and then go spinning through the air slicing Johnson's neck causing catastrophic fatal injury I'm not so convinced
Matt Petgrave has a lot of history as a thug
History as a thug (or by the correct hockey term enforcer) is actually why some teams sign players, they're there to provide protection for other skilled players and their job is to basically fight other teams players when they step out of line or to provide a spark for their team should it be required, cannot believe I'm actually answering you as you have zero hockey knowledge and are just saying things out loud before engaging any kind of thoughts, when Panther's and Steelers' fans are agreeing on something then I think you can safely say that you maybe are in the wrong

Back
Top Bottom