RIP Mondeo

Soldato
Has Fox ever reminded anyone of Fr. Purcell from Father Ted?

Father Austin Purcell (Ben Keaton), "the most boring priest in the world", according to Ted. The entire population of a village in Nigeria once sailed to their deaths on a crocodile-infested lake to escape him. Talks constantly an annoying high-pitched voice about the most trivial and irritating topics, including central heating and "favourite humming noises". He once proposed an unusual concept - by building extensions on extensions on extensions on houses, he postulated the doughnut shaped house. When he was talking to Father Jack, Ted had to stop him punching Father Austin. After Ted allows Father Jack to leave he cries out 'Thank Christ' and promptly locks Ted in instead. Claims to have known a woman once - "but she died soon afterwards". ("Think Fast, Father Ted").

Man of Honour
OP
I'm not entirely sure why I've copped so much flack for being boring in this thread.

Much of what i post is indeed tediously boring but I'd have thought news of the death of one of a once infamous car on OcUK is at least marginally more interesting than 'Spec me a supermini' or 'I couldnt be arsed to HPI a used car its now a write off' or indeed anything Robbie G has ever posted ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15303279 said:
I'm not entirely sure why I've copped so much flack for being boring in this thread.

Much of what i post is indeed tediously boring but I'd have thought news of the death of one of a once infamous car on OcUK is at least marginally more interesting than 'Spec me a supermini' or 'I couldnt be arsed to HPI a used car its now a write off' or indeed anything Robbie G has ever posted ;)

It's because of the OP, if anybody else had posted this thread it would be on page 3 by now ;)

Associate
5 years is a long time for a belt on a zetec tbh, that said i would have done the tensioner as a matter of course when doing the belt. Not worth fixing I imagine, unless the car is some kind of minter.

i wouldn't hold out much hope with Ford, took Focus ST in to try and get a couple of bits of trim sorted on warrenty, they were not interested as its older than a year. The owner of the car was thinking about trading it for a new RS, but typical Ford service put him off lol

Man of Honour
OP
I'm not even going to bother Ford with it. It's just one of those things.

Car was once a minter but is far from that now so I don't think its worth the expense of replacing the engine.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15303327 said:
The interval is 10 years/100k miles. The best thats on there is still in perfect condition and is not snapped.

When I had the belt changed on my old Astra GSI I made sure to watch that they changed the water pump etc at the same time, Cannot stand dealers!

Surprised they told you that work didn't need doing, would have thought they would jump at the chance to add in more labour costs.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15303324 said:
I'm not even going to bother Ford with it. It's just one of those things.

Car was once a minter but is far from that now so I don't think its worth the expense of replacing the engine.

Well worth whipping the head off and sticking a s/h one on to get it running though, a decent head, head gasket set and timing belt kit would cost peanuts for the Zetec lump.

Now is the time to find out how an engine is screwed together ;)

Back
Top Bottom