RIP Windows Phone

That's nice.

Microsoft sell Windows Phone globally though.

But in terms of getting apps from UK banks, UK newspapers, and other UK companies etc, it is the UK market share that counts.

Daily Mail recently released a WP app for example. USA and global market share probably was not a factor at all.

I don't really understand the interest from those who neither rate it nor use it. Why do you care so much? Its like easy rider in the star wars thread, we get it, you don't like it.

I obviously am not saying people shouldn't post. I'm questioning why they can be bothered to post page after page about something that doesn't impact them. Is that ok?

I had a WP when they first released and I loved it. Great interface and easy to use, the only reason I left it was because of the lack of apps. They have had time to catch up but havent, I'm hoping that W10 will mean they will get back on track. I'd love to ditch iOS/android and just go back to windows but it has to have the proper app support in place first.

Fair enough.

What is needed is for everyone to respect everyone else's choices, and not to criticise them for it. And presenting opinions as fact doesn't help either.

I obviously am not saying people shouldn't post. I'm questioning why they can be bothered to post page after page about something that doesn't impact them. Is that ok?

Again its a forum. Probably most comments are 90% about things that don't effect people personally.

Is what ok?

Fair enough.

What is needed is for everyone to respect everyone else's choices, and not to criticise them for it. And presenting opinions as fact doesn't help either.

All that's required is to obey the forum rules. Everything else is fair game.

I wish they could merge the 50% I like on WP with the 50% I like on other OS'es.

Why such a fuss about apps, especially Youtube. Why does youtube need to be an app when it works perfectly fine as it is, is mobile friendly and works full screen.

I've never struggled to do anything on my phone due to a lack of apps. Banking, buying, emails, social media... all of it is possible using an "app" called a "browser", just like on a PC!

Bring back Windows Mobile 5. It had a start menu!

I've tried windows phone twice now, and both times I had a terrible experience. It genuinely felt that I had time travelled back 5 years :eek:

They missed the boat and don't really know what to do

Last phone windows, current phone is, next one will be. Absolutely not bothered about apps, the few I use are readily available on wp and work well with live tiles and I would miss glance too much if I changed

I don't really understand the interest from those who neither rate it nor use it. Why do you care so much? Its like easy rider in the star wars thread, we get it, you don't like it.
Fair enough.

1+

this happens a lot here and we get threads with over 40+ pages just with arguing about silly things. it is sad to see really, hence why i haven't been around here much lately

Last edited:
1+

this happens a lot here and we get threads with over 40+ pages just with arguing about silly things. it is sad to see really, hence why i haven't been around here much lately

Perhaps they want to live in a single ecosystem, and even in 2016 that isn't possible. Microsoft are in the best position, but their mobile offering is what's letting it down. Shame :(

Why such a fuss about apps, especially Youtube. Why does youtube need to be an app when it works perfectly fine as it is, is mobile friendly and works full screen.

Agreed - I installed the "app" to discover that the tile just launches the youtube mobile site. And I'm happy with that. It works.

I've never struggled to do anything on my phone due to a lack of apps. Banking, buying, emails, social media... all of it is possible using an "app" called a "browser", just like on a PC!

Bring back Windows Mobile 5. It had a start menu!

Personally I don't think IE on WP is fine. For me it crashes then fails to resume where it crashed. It does this a lot. It won't load pages in the background. Open browser windows just disappear, meaning you've got to re-navigate to them. It can't handle the formatting on many sites. It can't handle our work Outlook webmail. Its often brutally slow. There are no alternatives that's work much better.

So no you don't need apps. But you do need a decent browser. IE isn't one.

The YouTube app discussion was to highlight how Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot, and how larger developers (like Google) don't care about Windows Mobile as a platform.

It wasn't about YouTube specifically, it was a mechanism to highlight the wider issues. Same with the CalDAV/CardDAV thing.

It lost track when it descended in to a back and forth over whether Microsoft did or didn't deliberately do something antagonistic towards Google.

Back
Top Bottom