RIP Windows Phone

Soldato
This Surface Phone has been coming for years though, just like the Surface Mini which didn't arrive. Although, I can't see a Surface Phone making Windows 10 Mobile successful.

Do you consider Windows RT to be dead? It still gets "updates".

I like Windows 10 Mobile, but it has dismal support.

Surface has been confirmed a while back, or at least they are working on something from the same team. Surface Mini was nothing but forum talk.

I only use my phone for work, so I don't need it to be supported by anyone apart from MS.

Like I said before, id dont care what anyone else uses, I know some that still use Blackberry etc, it works for them, as does WP for me, and no reason at all for me to change. Just like I dont care who uses Android, I tired it, hated it, wont be using it again, doesn't mean I try and out down everyone else who uses it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surface has been confirmed a while back, or at least they are working on something from the same team. Surface Mini was nothing but forum talk.

I only use my phone for work, so I don't need it to be supported by anyone apart from MS.

Where's this Surface phone confirmation? To me it's no less Forum talk than the Surface Mini was (Although it's a bit far fetched to put it down as *just* Forum talk)

That's great you can use your phone for work, but it's not exactly satisfying the needs of the majority.

Soldato
Where's this Surface phone confirmation? To me it's no less Forum talk than the Surface Mini was (Although it's a bit far fetched to put it down as *just* Forum talk)

That's great you can use your phone for work, but it's not exactly satisfying the needs of the majority.

So who cares what the majority uses, why do I care what they use?, how is that relevant to what I do everyday on my phone?

Caporegime
So who cares what the majority uses, why do I care what they use?, how is that relevant to what I do everyday on my phone?

So, you don't care that Windows 10 Mobile on the whole is failing because it's fine for you?

Kind of nullifies any reason for you posting in any discussion if you don't care.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, you don't care that Windows 10 Mobile on the whole is failing because it's fine for you?

Kind of nullifies any reason for you posting in any discussion if you don't care.

I guess it does, your right, though its only those that have no interest in WP being liked by others that keep posting and resurrecting this thread.

How does me not caring what phone anyone else uses burying my head in the sand, WP isnt popular, it isn't used by most, how does this affect me from day to day tasks that I do on my current phine?

The situation only changes for me is MS says they are stopping support for it.

By the same reasoning, why do you car so much? You clearly dont like WP and want nothing to do with it, yet.... here you are.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I guess it does, your right, though its only those that have no interest in WP being liked by others that keep posting and resurrecting this thread.

This thread is about the demise of Windows Phone, those posts are on topic? Despite the staunch defense of how things are going "great", they're ultimately not. To argue different is illogical.

Caporegime
Support for Symbian OS was only dropped a couple of years ago. Vista is still supported too.

Windows Phone 7 is still supported, so surely you should just be using that?

Soldato
Support for Symbian OS was only dropped a couple of years ago. Vista is still supported too.

Windows Phone 7 is still supported, so surely you should just be using that?

Because all of those have been superseded years after by the same makers, so that's not making a point.

Soldato
I think what's lost here is I'm not saying most people don't use it, but its not dead, as in MS have not pulled the plug on it.

I dint think I ever said it was doing fine etc.

Even if the figure was 0.1% and supported by MS id still use it.

Caporegime
So what were discussing then is your definition of an OS "being dead" as being completely different to pretty much everyone else.

OK, fair enough. So how about we change the discussion to "Windows Phone is as good as dead"?

Soldato
Well that's fine, but then I'm seeing regular updates, the anniversary update and the RD1 and 2 updates down the line, so for me, personally, I feel no reason to look elsewhere.

Caporegime
I think what's lost here is I'm not saying most people don't use it, but its not dead, as in MS have not pulled the plug on it.

I dint think I ever said it was doing fine etc.

Even if the figure was 0.1% and supported by MS id still use it.

Microsoft have never officially came out and said "Windows RT is dead". Do you consider it dead?

Soldato
You guys posting Windows Phone is dead, why keep reiterating the point? Every few months we get a stream of posts saying it's dead. We get it, it's dead so why keep posting.

Some are fine using it, let them use it.

Personally, I think I might move away from it but you won't see me posting here once in a while saying it's dead.

Caporegime
You guys posting Windows Phone is dead, why keep reiterating the point? Every few months we get a stream of posts saying it's dead. We get it, it's dead so why keep posting.

Personally, I think I might move away from it but you won't see me posting here once in a while saying it's dead.

But that's the topic of this thread.

Caporegime

Because I find it funny to read the lengths people will go to in order to deny the inevitable.

Plus, I am genuinely interested in the smartphone market, and dropping to just 2 suppliers is not good for the market. I, and a number of other people, are keen to follow the developments in the market. And it is every quarter when MS release their reports that we get an update on the position which then spurs a discission about it.

We can create a "Smartphone market share discussion thread" and ban any WP fans from joining if you want? Considering non WP fans appear to be unwelcome here?

Back
Top Bottom