RIP Windows Phone

Soldato
Microsoft could do with a few more people on their staff who think Windows Phone is worth keeping.

Yet I still dotn see an Official version of YouTube App on any device that's good, ill happily stick with MetroTube thanks.

Also I don't get why you keep posting here, why do you want to see WP go so badly?

why do you ONLY want iOS and Android to pick from, which many of us really don't like?

Caporegime
"Many"... Interesting definition of 3% :p

Regardless of whether you like the YouTube app or not, its the fact that its one of the most popular apps and is available on iOS and Android, but not on Windows. The same goes for so many others too. Have a look at the most installed apps across iOS and Android, and see how many of them aren't on Windows Phone.

No, I don't think having only 2 OSs to choose from is ideal, but I'm not going to blindly support a piece of crap OS just because I think the market needs more choice.

Plus the diversity across Android means its hardly 2 fixed OSs either.

Caporegime
I like choice but Windows Phone isn't an option so IMO is doing more harm than good.

It's certainly harming Microsoft. If they do shift their approach to a different model and go with the Surface Phone plan, how many people will dismiss it instantly simply because Windows Phone is poo?

Soldato
It's certainly harming Microsoft. If they do shift their approach to a different model and go with the Surface Phone plan, how many people will dismiss it instantly simply because Windows Phone is poo?

let's get it right, Windows Phone isn't poo, it's the lack of apps which is poo. if microsoft app store had near to what android / IOS stores as then no one would moan. simple as that

i have a 950xl and tbh it's a really nice and os, it's just 2 apps i miss, steam and subway, but i have my s5 for them.

Last edited:
Soldato
"Many"... Interesting definition of 3% :p

Regardless of whether you like the YouTube app or not, its the fact that its one of the most popular apps and is available on iOS and Android, but not on Windows. The same goes for so many others too. Have a look at the most installed apps across iOS and Android, and see how many of them aren't on Windows Phone.

No, I don't think having only 2 OSs to choose from is ideal, but I'm not going to blindly support a piece of crap OS just because I think the market needs more choice.

Plus the diversity across Android means its hardly 2 fixed OSs either.

In your own opinion its not good, fine, don't use it, I will however, as I cant stand Android.

Do we have to be reminded of how MS made Google the YouTube app for them but Google simply changed the rules every time?
You mean..shock...Apps that's not on it that I would never intend to use anywhow?
Just how will I get work done on a phone that doesn't have SnapChat...ohh think of the children!

WP is "hurting" MS, the only thing its not doing is selling, its not hurting any other brand of MS.

Caporegime
let's get it right, Windows Phone isn't poo, it's the lack of apps which is poo. if microsoft app store had near to what android / IOS stores as then no one would moan. simple as that

Nope. I used Windows Phone for 2 years (8 and 8.1) doing little more than phone calls, messages, email and calendar, and it was woefully poor at even the basic tasks.

Mobster
Soldato
It's draining Microsoft financially and the staff are fed up. The only reason Microsoft are doing okay again is because they're developing apps for other platforms and concentrating more on the Surface and the desktop.

Ballmer's strategy - which another member seems to be in love with :rolleyes: - killed Microsoft. And Nokia for that matter.

Soldato
LMAO....this is what I'm "missing out on!?

lol2_zpsfrhvkoda.jpg

Soldato
It's draining Microsoft financially and the staff are fed up. The only reason Microsoft are doing okay again is because they're developing apps for other platforms and concentrating more on the Surface and the desktop.

Ballmer's strategy - which another member seems to be in love with :rolleyes: - killed Microsoft. And Nokia for that matter.

MS is "dying" totally because of WP? lol?...what?

Soldato
So my view on WP should be dismissed because its my opinion, yet your view is perfectly valid because of your opinion on what apps are worthy?

You didn't state before as opinion, so don't try and turn the argument to save what is nothing but your point of view, and dismiss the entire platform because YOU didn't like it.

I have never once stated that no one else shouldn't be fine with Android, I have stated I hated it.

Caporegime
You didn't state before as opinion, so don't try and turn the argument to save what is nothing but your point of view, and dismiss the entire platform because YOU didn't like it.

I have never once stated that no one else shouldn't be fine with Android, I have stated I hated it.

Which, given its diversity, is like saying you hate "food".

Back
Top Bottom