Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
anyone having trouble with strava, sharing to facebook? mines not working anymore
might be something to do with me changing email address? but it says I am connected

Via a smartfone or on PC? I had that a while back with my iPhone, I think I ended up deleting both apps, downloading them again and signing back in. Although from memory my issues were happening when I tried to share to FB on a 3G signal, it was fine if I did it using wifi.

Caporegime
Missed last Saturday's ride and missing next week's as well, so got to make the most of tomorrow... I'm hoping the weather holds and that we can get the distance in. I'm about 260 miles off my target for the year, and if it's anything like last year I'll not be out in December at all, so I need to make the most of October before I really tail off in November...

Last edited:
Soldato
Big massive thumbs up to Hope, returned my bottom bracket to them on Wednesday as started having some creaking, and it was returned to me today with new drive side cup and bearings. Get what you pay for obviously!

Soldato
40mph would be about right for a flat sprint.

That's crazy fast! There's an 8.6% DECLINE around near me (0.5 miles) that over 1000 people have done and only ~60 people have clocked over 40mph. You're either insanely fast or everyone down this way is insanely slow!

Best strava segment I've clocked is 26.1 average over 0.5 miles of flat. Haven't ridden that segment for a long while though. I reckon I could up that by 1-2mph after this summer.

Soldato
That's crazy fast! There's an 8.6% DECLINE around near me (0.5 miles) that over 1000 people have done and only ~60 people have clocked over 40mph. You're either insanely fast or everyone down this way is insanely slow!

Best strava segment I've clocked is 26.1 average over 0.5 miles of flat. Haven't ridden that segment for a long while though. I reckon I could up that by 1-2mph after this summer.

I dont mean just a random segment that you happen to ride through. I mean if you know it's there and you do a full-on sprint for it.

also, he wasnt very clear about how long the segment was, just said "short". 40mph is pretty much top speed in a sprint (for me, Cav can do 49!) so anything more than 30-40metres and it would be difficult.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in a bit of dilemma about my front wheel on my winter bike. It's got a clicking sound, think it's the bearings.
It's a lot of gaffing about taking it to a shop to replace and rebuild the wheel.....I can buy a brand new wheel for £46 delivered!

(It's only a cheap Shimano R500 wheel)

Caporegime
According to veloviewer, I can't even get close to 30mph unless I'm on a fairly decent downhill slope, which is not a big surprise. There's segments where I've averaged high 20s for half a mile or so, but even then it's often with some downhill to it.

I've just cleaned my gear cables and re-indexed my gears. Hopefully the shifting will be a bit more pleasant tomorrow than it has been of late... Something still isn't right, as no matter how much I try there are still times when it will jump two cogs or not at all. I don't know whether part of it isn't down to the spacing on the cassette, or the teeth of the sprockets or something, because it's often the same shifts that cause problems. Maybe the cassette needs replacing. I don't know how many miles it's got on it, but it's at least 4,000 and probably a fair bit more besides.

There's something screwy with the rear axle or freewheel or something as well. If I spin the rear wheel on it's own, it's moving off centre. You can see the cassette "orbiting" it, like the wheel is a bit off centre. I think when I get my new bike I'll take the wheels off it and put them on this bike.

Soldato
Taking my bro to Richmond Park tomorrow. Gonna be sloooooow.

He has just got a Specialized Allez through C2W and hasn't used a bicycle in like 20 years! Also, his first clothing purchase was a Rapha jersey and Rapha winter gloves. All the gear no idea springs to mind... :o

Associate
Taking my bro to Richmond Park tomorrow. Gonna be sloooooow.

He has just got a Specialized Allez through C2W and hasn't used a bicycle in like 20 years! Also, his first clothing purchase was a Rapha jersey and Rapha winter gloves. All the gear no idea springs to mind... :o

Been doing training at work this week and I can change that negative to a positive.. :)

"At least when he does have an Idea he'll already have all the gear" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom