Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Tried it today and it's excellent although it wasn't raining I tried to splash some water on it and it just comes off. I guess the water repellent coating won't stay for long if you machine wash it?

How many layers did you need to wear under it? Just a base?

I've been wearing overshoes on all my rides for over a month up here. Don't think we've been seeing anywhere near the temps the south has. And my feet tend to get pretty cold on any ride over about 90 mins at this time of year.

Not sure of anyone has posted this here but if anyone is looking for a Garmin mount then Superstar are doing them.

Don't need one but figured I'd give one a try at this price.

Anyone know if these will fit a Bryton Rider 40? Looks a similar mount.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cold knees! Yes, that's one thing I need to avoid this year.

I think I need to upgrade my dhb leg warmers. Anyone else wear winter bibs + leg warmers instead of full length bibs? Or is it just me? :p

olv

olv

Soldato
whats wrong with cold knees?

Simply it means they never warm up. Sounds stupid but you wouldn't go to the gym and bench your maximum straight off. With windchill on a bike your knees will never warm up so you just risk damaging them in the winter. I've had my bib tights on for cold journeys for the past 6 weeks now probably. Love my knees.

Soldato
How many layers did you need to wear under it? Just a base?

I've been wearing overshoes on all my rides for over a month up here. Don't think we've been seeing anywhere near the temps the south has. And my feet tend to get pretty cold on any ride over about 90 mins at this time of year.

Anyone know if these will fit a Bryton Rider 40? Looks a similar mount.

Should do, the Rider 40 fits my SRAM QuickView without issues.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Bit of a frost in sunny Surrey when I got up but I waited a bit until the sun came out. It's that annoying time of the year when it is actually quite cold through the night but the temperature comes up quite quickly during commuting hour.

Underboss
club ride today, freezing, until I went home, then I was on my own so I warmed up lol

all I had on was ss Jersey, arm and leg warmers
if I commuting or going it alone, I would have been ok, but because I was in a group, I didn't use my energy as much, so as a result I felt the cold !

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
[DOD]Asprilla;25209937 said:
I've got a spare 1/8 chain and a charge spoon saddle (brown) you can have for a nominal fee.
Can I get back to you on that one? I might be interested in the saddle but maybe for my Raleigh rather than the Bob. Both bikes currently wear black components but I had thought about a colour change on the Raleigh.

Soldato
Can I get back to you on that one? I might be interested in the saddle but maybe for my Raleigh rather than the Bob. Both bikes currently wear black components but I had thought about a colour change on the Raleigh.

Sure. I've also got brown leather (style) Deda bar tape going spare.

It was all bought for the Cotic before I decided I wanted a black Selle Rolls saddle and black bar tape followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom