Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's guys in my cycle club who only ever do the weekend club rides and don't do any exercise during the week and they still kick my ass up and down the hills! I don't understand it at all!

Got to get an early night tonight for tomorrow or I won't be cycling anywhere!

That's what they are telling you....

In reality this means two rides solo in the week, plus a weekend club run and maybe some commuting ;)

Saw this in the racing thread:
:eek:

Crazy! Scary!

Fair play to you Berger, bet you're glad to walk away from that one! :eek:

it was good to race the following day and not get worried about bunch riding or speed which can happen to some people.

I'm claiming on my insurance for the wheels, so hopefully that will be approved and resolved soon.

My leg was all weepy and manky for a few days but has now gone all black and scabby, should be better in another week and a half I guess.

I don't really remember the first few seconds of the crash, just the going backwards on my shoes thinking fuuuuu this is going to hurt when I hit the deck in a minute. Good job I didn't and no broken bones as I'm going on holiday in two weeks!

Can you try soaking it in oil for 15-20 minutes, and use a wrench to try free/break it off? Otherwise i'd add in-line adjusters, and just every so often oil the old adjuster and it might come free at some point. Assuming it's been like it for a while it may be tough.

You can use a 700c tube, get one for a 28-32mm wide tyre.

You might struggle to find 27 x 1 1/8" tyres but you can get 27 x 1 1/4" pretty much anywhere, they even have them in Wilkinsons. Got any pics of the bike?

Yeah was thinking of swapping over to 27 1 1/4. Will try see if I can get to the storage today/this weekend and get it home and get a few pics :)

Got my bike back with a set of new forks as the bike originally came damaged from Ribble. To be fair to Ribble the returns process was painless and very easy and despite their reputation for poor customer service they were very good and efficient.

Unfortunately Ribble don't seem to set the bike up for you, so I was trimming up the gears so that it changed gears smoothly without all the clicking (very easy with Di2). On the largest cog on the rear, it wouldn't run smoothly without the derailleur touching on the spokes which was a good job I checked everything out first. Looking the the rear derailleur it isn't running straight, so the hanger needs to be straightened out. Booked it in at the local bike shop to get it sorted. Such a pain the bikes from Ribble aren't useable straight out of the box.

£1.5k but yes not very good at all. That said, it's not that uncommon apparently.

to be honest I wouldn't care if it is common or not.. ?! you'll be paying LBS to fix something that should be brand new.

and those tyres will need to go, trust me they're made out of recycled durex! - any blimp on a road will puncture them

to be honest I wouldn't care if it is common or not.. ?! you'll be paying LBS to fix something that should be brand new.

I agree that I shouldn't need to get it sorted as Ribble should have sorted it before sending it out.

That said, it would seem it happens on new bikes, it's just it is part of the setting up of the bike? What tyres do you recommend?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QWiMcqR6e3w

Folks, I ended up breaking the plastic part of the barrel adjuster (no patience me) and inside was met with an orange rust coloured mess. It's utterly knackered. The bike hasn't had a fresh set of cables for a couple of years now so I'm going to treat it to some Jagwires. What is a ball park figure for a good LBS to supply and fit a complete gear and brake cable road kit? Would you expect gear adjustment to be part of the price quoted for that too? Bike is a Pinarello FP1 with a mix of Tiagra and 105 if that makes any odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom