Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait four months and waste all of summer...

Just buy a manufacturer with stock, what happens if you have a warranty issue!

Warranty issue , you'd send it back to the manufacture like any other bike:confused:

Michelin Pro 4s are easy enough to get on and off.

Join ussss... Join usssss...

gp4000s 2s are easy enough to fit on my Dt swiss wheels, IIRC you have them as well?

Hey guys, need some advice as I am pretty unhappy and down at the moment. I know it's only a silly strava challenge to do 130km but I done 86 miles today, my Garmin died at 78.8 miles I kid you not! So on my upload to Strava I of course am missing a good few miles and the completion of the challenge. Yes I know it doesn't mean much, but it was 6 hours hard work today, I want the challenge complete on my profile :(

I was with a friend, we done the exact same route starting and finishing at his place, so he has the full GPS data. On strava, is there any way possible I can edit my upload to get the few extra miles on? I went into the crop part but that only lets you chop out parts, not add on more distance.

Any advice appreciated. I am too tired to be angry right now but once it sinks in I will be raging.

Although it's obviously going to be different and you may have been quicker in parts. Could your mate send you his .gpx (or similar) file and manually upload it? Otherwise I believe you can amend it in a manual upload or using the Garmin software before uploading.

Although it's obviously going to be different and you may have been quicker in parts. Could your mate send you his .gpx (or similar) file and manually upload it? Otherwise I believe you can amend it in a manual upload or using the Garmin software before uploading.

Manual doesn't count for the challenge I don't think?

Fun ride today - PRs on Pyms and Brickworks but I'm still quite far behind One More Solo and another person I know from riding. Bit of a headwind on both climbs though so I think there is room for improvement. Still felt a ton better than the start of the week when I bonked.

That said, 5 miles from home after I'd run out of food I felt myself start to feel like death. I brought enough food with me for the ride I expected to do today but the extra 15 miles stuck on the end combined with working fairly hard on the climbs meant I ran out and started to feel not awesome.

Keep pushing :D

115km and 2,500m climbing today, most of which were in about 60km. Honestly not much fun! Fred Whitton in a few weeks though so desperately trying to get the climbing legs back.

https://www.strava.com/activities/287718684

I tried a climb called The Corkscrew, essentially a cobbled farm track that allegedly hits 45%. I fell off trying to get up so inclined to believe it!

Based it on the Cheshire Cobbled Classic sportive so quite a few off road sections - fine on road tyres in this weather though. Definitely worth a look though maybe split over a couple of rides. All the cobbles are in the section up to Whaley Bridge, so you could do those then head back via the A6 from there as an alternative.

Based it on the Cheshire Cobbled Classic sportive so quite a few off road sections - fine on road tyres in this weather though. Definitely worth a look though maybe split over a couple of rides. All the cobbles are in the section up to Whaley Bridge, so you could do those then head back via the A6 from there as an alternative.

It looks quite doable in a single ride to be honest though skipping anything cobbled is always something I'd go for.

I ended up going out tonight after all, as I didn't fancy the film the Mrs was watching. I did just under 28 miles. I've done that loop before, but much faster... Something between lack of fitness and a nasty headwind on the return leg slowed me down. That and calling in to say hi to my sister in law and her husband who've just moved house to fairly near us, so I had cafe legs without even getting to eat any cake! I'll have to try it again sometime in the summer, hopefully with less wind and better legs!

That takes me to just under 124 miles for the week, which makes for the furthest I've done in one week yet, just above my previous record of 122 from ages ago... Mind you, I can foresee topping 150 in a week in May, as I'll be doing an 85 mile day for a work charity ride plus a couple of rides either side. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
You saying Cervelo has reminded me I saw a dude in Ormskirk today on a P3 in jeans and a t shirt with a rucksack on, quite random.

Loads of Dolans in that neck of the woods, as you can imagine.

meh, there are quite a few guys with super expensive bikes/kit and no power/speed :) there's one who commutes on s3 with deep carbon wheels etc! :)

and I saw a guy not long, crazy fast with disk at the back and in jeans(covered in paint) rucksack, snapback cap and raybans haha.. :) he was going some tho!

Off for a longer but thankfully flatter ride today. Slept really badly though so despite my legs feeling okay for it my mind is totally not. Ah well, I'm sure I'll wake up before I collide with something on my bike :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom