Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yes, you're climbing the Wrekin next to Telford for some reason? I don't know it but only knowing some parts of Telford I can't imagine it's a very nice place/climb! :p

If you want some cool descents then elongate your route to include Cleobury Mortimer->Ludlow (amazing views climbs/descent) or Malvern Hills(Wyche)/British Camp.

One of these days you've gotta give me a little notice (or ride it on a saturday) and I'll come meet you for a climb and coffee or two! :)

Pushed a 16mph average again this morning commuting but it hurt - some headwinds! All 3 of my commutes so far this week are 16+mph avg ;)
Can't see me continually being lucky with lights/traffic and being able to maintain it but it's a nice target to aim for (grudas, I'll make you proud!) ;)

Still trying to get used to clipping in SPD-SL's without looking/fumbling... :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is really just a "need to get there as fast as possible" ride. At least, as fast as possible whilst avoiding hideous A roads. All the roads were checked fairly thoroughly on Google Street View but if there's a bit you've spotted that is utterly guff let me know (and the mile/km it's along) and I'll go and sort it.

If I'm ever in the area for more than a fly past I'll definitely mention it btw :)

uv

uv

Soldato
Blody turbo (Elite crono fluid) has died, not looking forward to dealing with Wiggle returns again :(

Doesn't help that this model is no longer in stock!

Soldato
12552339_837439816365872_454751644_n.jpg

Just need to get my rubber floor down and mount that on the wall and a shelf.

Soldato
Anyone get a RideLondon place? I got commiserations :(

Same. So that's a 0/4 success rate. Meanwhile, I see on other sites that some people have made it in again for the 3rd/4th time :mad: They could at least design the ballot to give everyone a chance of doing it once (with the exception of the charity places).

Think I'll stick to other rides like the Tour of Cambridgeshire and not bother entering the ballot again, means I at least don't have to keep the day free until the inevitable "commiserations" magazine comes through.

Soldato
Same. So that's a 0/4 success rate. Meanwhile, I see on other sites that some people have made it in again for the 3rd/4th time :mad: They could at least design the ballot to give everyone a chance of doing it once (with the exception of the charity places).

Think I'll stick to other rides like the Tour of Cambridgeshire and not bother entering the ballot again, means I at least don't have to keep the day free until the inevitable "commiserations" magazine comes through.

I haven't actually seen the magazine yet but sounds like it gives you training tips and stuff for a ride you can't do... bit of an insult!

I was considering the charity ride but I don't really feel it's enough of a challenge to be requesting so much sponsorship money off people.

Soldato
Ride London rejection here but my wife got a spot. Annoying really as we wanted to ride together, weighing up a charity option but I wouldn't feel right given it's not a "challenge". Wonder if I can do something grim instead to raise the money and donate it to a charity for a RL place.

Soldato
Cold commute in this morning, -1 with a -2 slight wind chill. Looks like the 36 hours of snow originally forecast for this weekend is now a mixture of rain and snow... So sleet then. 36 hours of freezing sleet & rain. Turbo anyone? :D

I didn't notice a rumble, just the spoke noise. I'm sure once it's coupled with a disc at the back we'll be cooking on gas :cool:

Ahhh, I thought you were still running your disc, hence my rumblebumble! ;)

Blody turbo (Elite crono fluid) has died, not looking forward to dealing with Wiggle returns again :(

Doesn't help that this model is no longer in stock!

'Died'? :o

I was considering the charity ride but I don't really feel it's enough of a challenge to be requesting so much sponsorship money off people.

How much is it this year? A friend did it last year, raised a load of money for a local charity and still had to fork out several hundred of his own to ride it. I really can't see the appeal and why so many people harp on about it - there's plenty of other cheaper sportives with closed roads... Which much better scenery! :confused:

weighing up a charity option but I wouldn't feel right given it's not a "challenge".

They're different routes?

Do it on fixed gear! :D

Man of Honour
Day off today so I'm as rested as possible for tomorrow's ride. I'm hoping I can manage to hold a decent pace - I'll probably just aim to be slightly above 200W the whole way, which should be sustainable without meaning I'm too dead in the evening.

Associate
Careful out there today guys. Came off on some black ice this morning, and now feeling very sorry for myself. My **** is covered in road rash, work will be fun today :p

Think I've done quite a bit of damage to the bike unfortunately, gear shifters shattered. Derailleur has 'bits' missing. Back wheel badly buckled. I need to a more thorough inspection though.

Have to say, the motorists around me were really nice couple of people offered me lifts.

Soldato
Well that's a new experience, Reynards kicked in seriously badly today, got to work in quite a bit of pain in my hands, thought I was ok, went and had a shower, and had to sit down in the shower, went seriously light headed. Had to get out once I got myself back to normality and go sit down and have some sugar.

Not sure what caused that, possibly combo of my body being in pain and no food in me yet, wasn't a pleasant experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom