1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Cycling

Discussion in 'Pedal Powered' started by FrenchTart, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Drollic

Mobster

Tried a 100 yesterday, back to saddle sores. I'm now at the point of thinking my Aliante R1 might be worn out after roughly 12k miles. It's either that or dropping 10-12lbs over the last few months has resulted in my normal size of bibs becoming a fraction too loose. I doubt it's this though as where they possible could be considered a fraction too loose (mid sides) I don't get any sores.

2. Altaz

Gangster

@FishFluff Did you receive these bars? any feedback?

3. SoliD

Capodecina

Lol. this is a cycling forum grudas, get real :p

4. Junglist

Soldato

Is there any decent apps for tracking cycling with the Apple watch? I was just using the basic one but it didn't have an auto-pause function so decided to use the Strava app instead but wondering if there any better alternatives out there?

Think I'm going to try and do my first 40 mile ride this weekend, working up to the 50 mile stone which is rookie numbers for a lot of you but will be a big ride for me. Done a few 30 miles now so i feel comfortable doing that distance

5. Trox

Mobster

Typical, warmest day of the year and I break a spoke 10km in.

At what point do people get the there wheel rebuilt with new spokes?

6. Saytan

Mobster

I replace one spoke. If another goes, I replace them all.

7. Trox

Mobster

That was what I was thinking, it's just annoying as I've never broke a spoke before.

8. Berger

Capodecina

Chasing down gear tune still. Wasn’t quite perfect after shifting but sometimes if you went down a gear and then back up it would be perfect.

Possibly one hanger bolt slightly loose, I got a fraction of a turn on it perhaps but the head will round off if try and put much more on it. Sure they are easy to get off the shelf Edit: M3x8mm ordered 10 for £2 posted!

I may order a Wheels Manufacturing replacement hanger as the Cervelo ones have some mixed reviews on WW (soft metal that bends back under load).

I cleaned up the chain, cassette and RD pulleys and will put it back together tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  9. Saytan

Mobster

Where did it break?

10. Trox

Mobster

It was one of the rear drive side spokes so I might need to remove the cassette to replace it, hopefully not. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Edit-
    It broke right at the hub

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  11. PikeyPriest

Wise Guy

Awesome! Thank you!

12. Saytan

Mobster

That's a common point for fatigue failures

13. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Anyone got any tips for indexing? With next to no torque going through the system everything sounds fine and works fine. When I'm putting some power down, it sounds like it's not quite aligned right. Is it simply a matter of small adjust, ride a bit, adjust, ride a bit, until it sounds smoother?

Went out with the recycling 30 minutes ago and it's pretty damn warm already... but will take a 40 mile trip back to spokes shortly I think. Get me some more of that brownie :)

14. TheBrooder

Mobster

Sounds like the barrel adjuster needs a slight tweak - plenty of youtube vids that explain it well. Park tools, GCN, etc.

15. FishFluff

Soldato

Yep! They arrived a couple of weeks ago now. They look fantastic but I haven't actually fitted them to the bike properly yet as I've been having some niggling bike fit issues at the moment and don't want to add another variable into the mix. I've put them on with no levers or anything to test the stiffness and they feel pretty good. There's a bit of flex if you hold the head tube between your knees and really wrench on the bars, but that was also true with my aluminium bar/stem combo. Certainly better than some of the noodley carbon I've seen in youtube videos.

16. FishFluff

Soldato

As TheBrooder said, just give it a minor adjustment while you're out riding. No more than a quarter turn at a time.

17. grudas

Capodecina

haha! thanks, I'll have a look.

that looks pretty good! how are you finding the fit? I am usually l-xl on non cycling tops.

pshh! rules are here to be broken :D but seriously why would you not want sleeveless in the summer? it's great? I guess you dont get the sharp tan lines so it's hard to flex?

18. xdcx

Mobster

You're lucky I am not a mod, boyo!
    Coming back in here. With your crazy chat.

19. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

[​IMG]

20. grudas

Capodecina

^^ :D :D

harsh but fair :D