Road Cycling

Soldato
Cheers, Van Rysel is a nice looking bike but above budget, Trek looks good so will add to shortlist! Seen a few BMC and Specialized Tarmac Expert on Tredz, but keeping the lookout.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I had a test ride on the current Emonda or the generation before it. I'd gone into the Trek dealer pretty much convinced the Domaine was their model which was right for me as the other bike at the top of my list at that time was a Cannondale Synapse, so the "endurance" road bike category. I rode them back-to-back and came out very impressed with the Emonda. If I'd gone for a Trek (I got a cracking deal on a Synapse), that would have been my choice.

I'd be interested to ride the new Madone against an Emonda to see if it's too racy. £4250 gets a SL 6 with 105 Di2 and 35mm carbon wheels, so enough left for a PM.

Soldato
So got a Boardman ADV 9.4, I'm looking directly for something that will be able to do club runs (50-80miles) and time trials. Will see what offer I get made from the claim team.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I had a test ride on the current Emonda or the generation before it. I'd gone into the Trek dealer pretty much convinced the Domaine was their model which was right for me as the other bike at the top of my list at that time was a Cannondale Synapse, so the "endurance" road bike category. I rode them back-to-back and came out very impressed with the Emonda. If I'd gone for a Trek (I got a cracking deal on a Synapse), that would have been my choice.

I'd be interested to ride the new Madone against an Emonda to see if it's too racy. £4250 gets a SL 6 with 105 Di2 and 35mm carbon wheels, so enough left for a PM.

check out Giant Defy if you are looking for endurance bike.

Soldato
Yeah 2024 one in the green colour. Although phoned insurers this morning it's been approved but they need the quote further broken down to each individual bike! Joy, another few days to wait now.

Back
Top Bottom