Road Cycling

10 miles on the flat is PLF territory surely? i did a team tri at Eton Dorney last year and PLF'ed for the 13 flat miles. could barely walk when i got off the bike, handed token to runner and lay down legs in the air

Shamrock;30489783 said:
I don't do triathlons anymore either, Ironman ticked off the bucket list and swimming sucks!
You're one of a very elite few in here who've done an IM (I think?)!

Any nearly every Tri guy I know hates swimming lol
touch;30489813 said:
Soon he'll be wearing arm warmers with sleeveless tops leaving an odd gap of skin and overly-long socks :eek:
Full grudas mode? Nooooooooooooooo, come back to us! ;):D

Saytan;30489795 said:
PLF territory surely?

hqdefault.jpg

??

Shamrock;30489732 said:
Get some clip-on aero bars for free Watts on a course like that!

Roady;30489763 said:
Be careful, Liam will get you to shave your legs and get a pointy helmet too! ;)

Yep - already planned to pinch a friend's aero bars and give them a try. Feel like I might have to slam the stem a bit to accommodate.

Surely leg shaving will have no benefit in winter anyway :p I'll undoubtedly have leg warmers on!

Offices are moving making a commute more feasible :cool: 12miles currently which wasn't the deal breaker, just the lack of a shower was.

9 miles instead soon with the option of 200ft or 500ft (including 16% :p ) :) and closer to the hills for the scenic route home \o/

I couldn't deal without a shower after my commute, especially in the Summer.....I wouldn't wish being near me after a hot ride on anyone lol!

Back in the country tomorrow, the forecast looks promising.....maybe even summer bike worthy.....if its dry.

Well that was chilly. Glad I didn't go out first thing. Was still - 1 apparently at 12... Snow was coming down in small bits but nothing major.

Smashed it round for just under 90mins at 95% ftp.legs feeling really good at the moment. Probably could have done more if it wasn't so bloody cold! Bath Definitely needed to get warmed back up.

Finally got all the bits and some time to convert my old Cotic to a CX bike. At the same time I moved it from 9 speed Sora and BB7s to Ultegra + hydraulics + 50mm carbon rims. Should be a substantial difference :) Need to bar tape it tomorrow and take it for a test spin.

I'll continue to use it for turboing too. Need to fit the 23mm turbo tyre on a spare 23mm rim wheel I have. Bit concerned that'll be a little sub-optimal but I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Old monstrosity set up for turboing only:
vnlU3YW.jpg

CX mode and all the "new" bits:
1q0258x.jpg

hornetstinger;30494342 said:
been knocked off bike broken collarbone, going to see soliciors. any tips what i need to do 2 claim comp, injury plus items and loss of salary

Ouch, sorry to hear that :/

Do you have witnesses and/or did the driver admit fault? Exchanged details? You definitely should report to the police as that's very important for everything going forward.

Do you have insurance and/or BC membership?

Back
Top Bottom