Road Cycling

Soldato
24 days to go until Ironman Zurich!:eek: If anyone can drop a few quid my way I'd really appreciate it.:D

I'm fundraising for the Terrence Higgins Trust in memory of my brother.

I've been training for this for over a year and it's almost here. In 2016 alone I've swam 70km, cycled 5771km and ran 925km!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/liamreilly

Those are some impressive numbers! Sent something your way. All the best man!

Do you have a target time you'd like to make?

Saw Roady the other day

:eek::D:p

Last edited:
Soldato
24 days to go until Ironman Zurich!:eek: If anyone can drop a few quid my way I'd really appreciate it.:D

I've been training for this for over a year and it's almost here. In 2016 alone I've swam 70km, cycled 5771km and ran 925km!

The training sounds tough enough! Good luck! Is the cycle route mountainous? Some lovely places round Switzerland... keep meaning to take my bike and convince friend that lives out there to come up some mountains.

Saw Roady the other day

Amazing!

Wiggle and CRC sync already started... both have 20% off Castelli+Sportful this weekend.

Last edited:
Soldato

Massive achievement that will be. I'd be dead in the water. Only up the road from me, I'd come up but I'm out the country.

Soldato
Speaking about energy related products, I actually picked up a little sample pack of Torq powder to try, as well as some of their Hypotonic sachets (0.5 a Torq unit and electrolytes). Also got one of their Snaq bars to try (not intended for use on the bike, just as a treat :)).

I've heard a lot of good things about Torq products, so I hope they live up to the expectation!

They're meant to be pretty nice. A mate of mine has had them in the past, all sorts of flavours. But ££££.

Soldato
They're meant to be pretty nice. A mate of mine has had them in the past, all sorts of flavours. But ££££.

Yeah, that is the only problem :(

I won't use them very often to be honest. I have an electrolyte powder that I use from The Protein Works, and that is excellent for being out on the bike. Then I just eat cereal bars.

Soldato
Going through a major cba phase. Only 21 hours on the bike in June, down from 40+ every month bar February.

Still halfway in the year and I'm at 7100km, target of 12000 so well ahead there.

Soldato
Surely that's sacrilege?

And if you need a jersey on a turbo you're not working hard enough ;):p

When it's only just above freezing it helps to stop the shivering....

I turbo in the garage with a giant industrial fan on!

12 hours in the last 30 days on the turbo, getting a good workout this winter. Last winter I just mtfu and rode base kms in the cold. This year it's an hour smash fest after work.

Soldato
When it's only just above freezing it helps to stop the shivering....

I turbo in the garage with a giant industrial fan on!

12 hours in the last 30 days on the turbo, getting a good workout this winter. Last winter I just mtfu and rode base kms in the cold. This year it's an hour smash fest after work.

Ah ok. Didn't realise it was that cold!

Soldato
Do you have a target time you'd like to make?

Thanks for the donation!:)

I'd just like to complete the thing but I do have a stretch-target of sub-12 hours but we'll see what happens!

The training sounds tough enough! Good luck! Is the cycle route mountainous?

I chose Zurich because Nice look too hard with 1900m and a sea swim!:o

Zurich has a modest 1300m of climbing in 180km which isn't too bad. It does feature a couple of categorised climbs that get lined with spectators a la TdF!:D

eSRE75ml.jpg

Soldato
Bought some of those new Vittoria Graphene tyres to see what they are like. Will report back later, when I get out on the road...

Wore my Rapha on the turbo... Blew my snotty nose into the jersey...:eek:

Got some Vitorria Diamante Pro, and they are fantastic tyres. 220TPI 24mm clinchers.

Soldato
Thanks for the donation!:)

I'd just like to complete the thing but I do have a stretch-target of sub-12 hours but we'll see what happens!

I chose Zurich because Nice look too hard with 1900m and a sea swim!:o

Zurich has a modest 1300m of climbing in 180km which isn't too bad. It does feature a couple of categorised climbs that get lined with spectators a la TdF!:D

eSRE75ml.jpg

You're welcome. Hope you can achieve that goal! If not, it's still an amazing achievement! All the best!

Pretty cool that there are spectators. Should keep you going!

Back
Top Bottom