Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Man of Honour
OP
About to do my shopping for peak week

It consists of an exciting mix of ingredients, a chefs delight, if I was on Ready Steady Cook, and unveiled this as my bag of goodies, the crowd would cheer in delight

Asparagus
Spinach
Chewable Vitamin C tablets
Turkey

And that's it. That's my food for the week

Last two days of doing two hours of cardio as well this weekend. So I'm excited. And after Tuesday, I get my mornings back, no more AM cardio yay so I'm even more excited about that

Feeling good today, weighed myself and I'm 69.8kg. I never ever thought I could be this light :eek: and this is drinking 10-12 litres of water a day and 100g carbs so next week it will drop with water weight going

Man of Honour
OP
Got the plans for next week sorted now, I feel so much better, a, because I know what's going on and b, because it's not too bad. Especially as I no longer have to do AM cardio, just the 1 session a day after workouts. So I get my mornings back YAY

My diet is as expected, my only carbs meal is oats in the morning with 5 eggs (5 whites, 2 yolks). Can't wait to have eggs again. And apart from that, it's just turkey and salad or White fish and salad. So about 25-30g carbs a day and that's it. No more shakes either

Water increases throughout the week until the Saturday before, when I stop water intake altogether about 4pm that day.

And there's a few secret weapons in there, that he might not want me to discuss as he did say secret, but I'm excited :D

Unfortunately Robs decided we're not going to have that much of a carb up, might be a risk, might not. But he's playing it safe as it's my first show and he doesn't want me to come in looking full but watery and bloated. So I may be a tad bit flat but that's better than looking soft.

Man of Honour
OP
Yay it's peak week!!!

Just had my nicest breakfast for 20 weeks! 5 eggs, 40g oats and some black coffee, was so good. And getting up at 7:30am instead of 6am like I have for the last 8 weeks was soooo good

Man I feel good this morning

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers Desmo :) looking forward to meeting you two.

I don't suppose you have any pics of the lightweight category from the Southern show? Just interested to see what the standard was like

Soldato
I should add to that that whilst it's good to get a rough idea of the general standard, it doesn't really matter who turns up to another event or how good they were at their show. All that matters is you turn up being the best you can be. It's all you can do. If there is somebody at your show in better condition, there's nothing you can do about it. If you sit there looking at people's pictures or others there on the day, you'll only see their best points and compare it to your worst. After this is all done, you'll probably see it as a personal battle with yourself :)

Soldato
There's 16 entires at the moment for your classes which they will split by weight on the day so you'll be looking at around 5-6 of you up there competing. That's a nice little size there, enough to get some decent competition but not too many that you'll get lost amongst everyone else :)

Soldato
Not 16 in the lightweights as such. The BNBF have changed the way they break down the classes now. There are 16 in total for the Mr classes which will be split between the lights, middle and heavy classes. Everyone will be weighed on the day and then they split the classes depending on how the weight splits fall. It stops people worrying about having to make a certain weight and means you'll be competing against similar weights on the day, although obviously there can still be quite a weight difference. The splits might not be totally equal in numbers, but you should have a decent 5-6 I reckon. There's 11 guys mixing it up in the novices :D

Man of Honour
OP
Going well mate

Seeing changes every day as more and more lines come in, especially my legs. Weight isn't going down but then with the amount of water I'm drinking it's not surprising

Really enjoying my food too, spinach is so good, especially when you've had nothing but rice every day lol. And eggs in the morning are just heaven

Last cardio day today, then it's one more workout tomorrow, then that's it, done until the big day

Soldato
Good luck mate :D I'm off suit shopping on Saturday for a mates wedding so doubtful there'll be much point in me coming down on Saturday and staying the night. Think I'll just come straight down in the morning..........?

Unless any local people can tell me it's worth going down for mid-evening Saturday?!

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Mmmmmm Food! :) I bet thats a good feeling after eating the same things for so long.

Keep up the good work mate and see you Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom