Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Man of Honour
OP
I know very little about it other than the basics so far. We're sort of taking it a week at a time right now. But I'll be having a big chat before hand and probably every day that week to make sure it's nailed.

He may be coming to the show too :)

Soldato
It's all you can do really for first time prep as nobody knows what your body is going to do. Everybody reacts to different methods in different ways so it's probably a case of trying the norm and seeing how you react to it :)

Man of Honour
OP
I'm loving my time off work already. Just going through posing practise with Wimbledon on in the background. Right now at work I'd be stressed as hell already, here, chilled and relaxed :)

Diets changed this week again, 3 rice meals down to 2, so:

7:30am - 55g oats, 30g whey
10am - 28g rice, 170g chicken
12pm - 28g rice, 110g chicken
2pm - 30g recovery xs, 30g whey
4.30pm - salad, 110g chicken
7pm - 250g white fish, salad
9pm - 40g bedtime extreme

Associate
as others have said amazing! what your total lost then around 20KG so about 44 lbs. Fantastic achievment. And that will be with very little muscle loss I imagine? Have you got stronger?

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks mate

Lost 27.2kg now. Around 4 1/2 stone. Lifts haven't dropped at all, I haven't lost any strength that I've noticed which has been great

Last edited:
Associate
Steedie...ive been watching you diet changes most of the way through and youve lost an amazing amount of weight on what I thought was a high amount of carbs.
You are obviously going through the diet with experienced guys who have done shows/competitions before...so you know more than me. I'm just curious why there has been pretty much no fat in your diet from the start....and its been pretty based on carbs and protein only.
Did you ever discuss the issue with fats in your diet...was you advised against it to get to really low BF levels?
Just curious mate....might try the higher carb approach next time :)

Man of Honour
OP
I supplement a lot with Omega 3 caps as well as using Good Oil (it's actually called that, highly recommended by the way, expensive but good) on all my salads and rice. So I still get a fair bit of fats :)

Man of Honour
OP
Morning all

So first day yesterday with one less carb meal, and carbs down to 100g. It actually wasn't too bad. Considering I did 2 1 hour cardio sessions and my shoulder workout, I still didn't feel too bad. Now I'm asking myself, is this purely because I'm off work so I'm able to chill out a bit, but either way, not feeling too rubbish yesterday was a welcome surprise.

Also, I slept like a baby, again, maybe not getting stressed at work and just relaxing all day meant my mind wasn't racing. But getting a full 9 hours sleep makes such a difference in the morning

I weighed myself for the first time in nearly a week today...

70.5kg!!! So I'm under the target weight! YAY! 1 and 1/2 weeks early! But that's a good thing. The more room I have to play with to carb up on the last few days the better

Doing my posing practise twice a day also now so maybe that's helping with the weight loss as I'm sweating all that water out.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
All sounds great Steedie :) glad you're getting the sleep.

Gutted am not able to make Wales :( am running a 10k that day.

Fingers crossed u still do St Albans :) (or place obviously!) ;)

BB x

Man of Honour
It's amazing how time away from work can help sleep. I know when I'm off work, and turn the BB off, I end up relaxing lots!

Glad to hear the practice is helping boost that confidence. :)

I remember when you first started training, and all the conversations we (as a forum) had and advice shared, and now look at you! You're doing something I'd never do, look amazing, and clearly your determination is paying off!

You're nearly there mate, and well done for getting down to your target weight!

Shame I won't get to see you in Wales, but if you can make it to St Albans it would be fab!

Back
Top Bottom