Robot Wars - gone for good?

Soldato
It wasn't for the first series or two.. after that it deteriorated badly..
Especially with getting rid of the original house robots and adding loads of massive ones.

Soldato
If they just left it as it was, without adding crud like the drop-zone etc, it would likely still be going on BBC2.

It used to be good entertainment and it was a pretty good showcase for some diy R/C machines.

Associate
I loved Razer, the one with the massive claw/beak/pointed thing. That was great. I think it killed Mathilda once, totally put it out of action. :p

Heh, you've got me remembering all the robots in it now. Which ones were the House Robots? So far I can remember Shunt, Mathilda...Sir Killalot (have I made that one up?) and there was another one too, wasn't there?

I always wanted to build a robot for that show, me and some mates even designed one. :D

:edit:

Wierd, I must have skipped over those last two posts praising Razer when I read the thread. I could swear they weren't there a minute ago. :p

Soldato
I always thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity tbh, I'd have quite liked to see some big companies have a go at making something amazing with the tech they'd have to hand you know really see some special stuff.

Instead it ended up full of school projects that looked like they were made out of scrap :p

Razer was about the only really really good one I ever saw on it, the original flipper (cassius I think it was) was also good but then got ripped off about 100 times over.

Soldato
The best ones, were they small children who had laboured over their prized robots supervised by their creepy looking school teacher.

I absolutely loved seeing their pride and joy being ripped to shreds by hypnodisc lol :D

Soldato
cassius was great. oh, and chaos II - the driver looked like a woman and had a high pitched voice lol. razor was also nice, loved the looks. according to wiki mortis only cost £100, the £40k was sponsor money..

anyone remember these guys:

rrmike0xd.jpg

their robots name was plunderbird iirc. they used to spit freestyle rhymes to scare the other contestants, but their robot was always **** :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom