Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Caporegime
They're going to need to increase the height of the walls for the audience. It's not the first time they've had the outer wall destroyed by debris. That thing didn't look far off clearing the other wall where the judges were, and if that hit someone then they'd be dead.

No, it didn't. It bounced off the outer wall. It was the inner wall it broke. Also, the arena is a box; the walls can't be cleared.

Soldato
One works for Cadburys and the other for Rolls-Royce aero engines in Derby. Any engineering company that they have is only going to be part time. RPD are rather larger than that with two offices and multiple manufacturing sites.

My mistake, thought the one guy had a company like rapid. Maybe a spoiler maybe not so I'll put it in tags anyway but.....

Ellis from Pulsar/Magnatar now works for rapid. :eek::p

Don
Don
I did mean inner wall, but I didn't realise the audience were boxed in. Does the same apply to the judge's area?

The audience aren't boxed in, they are completely outside the arena box.

Not sure about the judges, whether they are completely outside or whether their station is between the inner and outer walls - didn't pay that much attention even though the "interview" segment with a judge was done from the judge's station this week (so if someone wants to rewatch it and let us know :) ).

Associate
God that bloke from Rapid is annoying as shi....

I wanna see that idiot against the Behemoth idiot, just for the reaction of when one of them loses.

Associate
This series is an endeavour to spot the likeable team. The histrionics behind the scenes, the focus on team moneymen; there really needs to be more teams with the attitude of Terrorhurtz and in it for the fun and camaraderie.

Thought Rapid looked quite overrated considering the hype; effective but not entertaining and lacking a good dose of star quality. There were some good robots nerfed last week; this week's contenders were relatively weak by comparison.

Apex detonating itself has to be one of the highlights from any series, spectacular.

Associate
Main weakness i could see with Rapid is that the flipper always seemed to stay up for a good while after a flip, if they misfire near any spinning robot its an open door to having a good go at the flipper mechanism/internals of the robot

Associate
Good to see a lot of new robots this week. Tauron looks effective (not sure about self righting) and Concussion might be ok (said before fight, Tim seems like a wazzock though).

Edit - Tauron would be better if the guy could drive and wasn’t a cry baby.

Edit 2 - Androne 4000 just jizzed all over the arena. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Fun episode. Was good to see a crusher to a bit of damage for the first time in a while, the entertaining watching it spray it's load everywhere :p

Very impressed by Nuts, definitely a robot to take half seriously now. Like Gabriel it's odd design makes it a lot harder to damage than more traditional robots. And it actually does some damage too!

Tauron had a nice weapon but was too slow to be any good.

Concussion should have done better, decent robot but some clumsy driving and blocking their ability to run inverted with the armour were costly mistakes.

The cluster bots were typically rubbish but at least managed to deal a little bit of damage with a spinner near the start. The flipper bot was rubbish though, not a single flip and still got through!

Soldato
I think Concussion is potentially a brilliant robot ruined by some poor driving and those modifications they did. It should have been a fairly obvious consideration that the defences might impact their ability to drive upside down, and even so to drive straight onto the floor flipper was a bit dim. It reminds me a lot of Minotaur from battlebots, which was one of my favourite robots on that show. Having said that, Nuts 2 was a good winner and an interesting robot that could do well against any competition.

Associate
yea i think nuts 2 got very lucky with its opponents and the fights.
But it still won and caused some good damage to 2 robots even if they were lucky shots, I do think though that it's just too weak to carry on much further.

Soldato
I think it's a bit silly to say that Nuts 2 only did damage by luck that the flail hit something. You'd not say the that Carbide or other spinners only do damage by luck if they manage to drive into an opponent! Nuts2 did damage in the exact way they were trying to do damage. Yes it's less damage than a normal bar spinner would do but due to it's design it's a lot harder to attack and has more endurance. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it against some tougher competition.

I was disappointed by the lack of destruction, altho that arena is taking a right battering. IMO nuts got thru just on pure luck in all their matches.
Really? Did you watch a different episode?! Androne putting holes in things, Nuts smashing up a wheel and the hydraulics, Tauron doing a few big hits and Concussion smashing the crap out of the cluster bots! I think we've been spoilt the last few episodes, actually getting bots damaged consistently rather than fights being over due to breakdowns or flips all the time. It's great.

Soldato
Biggest disappointment of the whole series so far though in this episode.... Iron Awe. A flipper than didn't fire it's weapon once, the episode didn't have as strong robots are previous heats but it was still entertaining. What was up with the first round melee though where concussion got counted out because Androme broke? You could see the wheels still moving. Nuts got extremely lucky with the bot's against it but it deserved the win. Hoping it get's carbide in the grand final though, so you got some destruction. :D

Back
Top Bottom