• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rocket lake leaks

You've misread my post

No you said they provide more lanes, they don't, the provide connectivity to the bus. The number of lanes are fixed by design of the CPU, it is really that simple.

Obviously chipsets provide more lanes,

Just to be sure... you can read that right? You wrote chipsets provide more lanes.

How many NVMe drives have you used recently, in your system?

Makes you wonder how hot rocket lake will run? They mention Anandtechs tests, not seen that yet and is single thread faster than a 5800x or not?

Will be similar temperatures to the 10th gen range, unless your running AVX 512 code.

Performance wise, will need to wait for official reviews, but i7 should be neck and neck with the 5800X at stock, but overtaking when overclocked north of 5Ghz.

I9 likely binned specially to do 5.3Ghz single core, possibly on all cores overclocked, we'll have to wait and see :)

No you said they provide more lanes, they don't, the provide connectivity to the bus. The number of lanes are fixed by design of the CPU, it is really that simple.

Just to be sure... you can read that right? You wrote chipsets provide more lanes.

How many NVMe drives have you used recently, in your system?

When reading English, you have to consider the whole sentence. That means including the letters, words after the comma. If you don't, the sentence won't make sense.

The sentence I wrote, that you quoted:

"Obviously chipsets provide more lanes, but these all use the two interfaces above (which are the same speed for z590, x570) to actually transfer the data."

If you fully read the above, including the part after comma, you'll understand the complete meaning of the sentence and will improve your cognitive skills.

When reading English, you have to consider the whole sentence. That means including the letters, words after the comma. If you don't, the sentence won't make sense.

The sentence I wrote, that you quoted:

"Obviously chipsets provide more lanes, but these all use the two interfaces above (which are the same speed for z590, x570) to actually transfer the data."

If you fully read the above, including the part after comma, you'll understand the complete meaning of the sentence and will improve your cognitive skills.

We are talking computers here, its Syntax you need to get right, just like an Mb isn't a MB, a PCI-E lane is just that a PCI-E lane, you can't alter that with the use of the English language.

Also I am not your buddy, friend.

We are talking computers here, its Syntax you need to get right, just like an Mb isn't a MB, a PCI-E lane is just that a PCI-E lane, you can't alter that with the use of the English language.

Also I am not your buddy, friend.

Your the one making incorrect use of syntax, technical concepts, as well as not being able to read basic sentences properly. I think your just trolling me, so will add you to my ignore list, but before I do, I'll correct your mistakes below:

The post that started this argument:

OJoHXc7.png

Chipsets, such as X570, or Z590, do provide additional PCIE lanes. The obviously caveat is that the throughput of those additional lanes is dictated by the speed of the interconnect between the Chipset and CPU. If all lanes are in use at once, you'll only see speeds of the interconnect link.

Here's the official AMD description of their X570 chipset, where they state how many 'lanes' it provides:

ojD5N3X.png

Here's a well known tech site, Anandtech, showing Intel's Z590's specifications. Note that they discuss the 'lanes' provided by the chipset:

cBMdLaT.png

Note that as previously discussed, both X570 and Z590 have the same speed link between CPU and Interconnect. Z590 has DMI x8 3.0, AMD have 4x PCIE gen4. These transfer data at the same speed.

Both Ryzen 5000 and 11th gen CPU's also provide 20 gen4 lanes directly from the CPU.

Intel i7-11700K Memory Benchmarks: Gear 1 vs. Gear 2 on 3200MHz - YouTube

Very interesting, it looks like intel are slightly gimping the auto setting of 11700 compared to the 11900 to make it look better given the very small actual different.
They might walk back the gear 1 versus gear 2, but you can gain by not applying the intel settings.
All anantech were at gear1, thus they showed the 11700 in the best light possible (still utter *****)

o will add you to my ignore list, but before I do, I'll correct your mistakes below:

Please, please do that.

I am glad you find the marketing from both companies so convincing that they made you think you are getting more lanes, when you aren't, try using all the devices at once see how they perform, or don't sorry.

Seen the 5600x for ~£240, which is still more than I was aiming for, but screw it. Waited long enough and wasted enough time looking around.

If I can get it for that price it's about the best value that's currently available, with an eye towards single-thread perf. (The £330 price atm tho is a total joke)

The heat issues of the 5800x have put me right off it, as well as the £420 price tag..

Just means I won't keep it as long as I'd maybe have kept the 5800x, which gives me an excuse in a couple years time to go through all the misery again :p

I think the 5600X will serve you very well :)

Will be similar temperatures to the 10th gen range, unless your running AVX 512 code.

Performance wise, will need to wait for official reviews, but i7 should be neck and neck with the 5800X at stock, but overtaking when overclocked north of 5Ghz.

I9 likely binned specially to do 5.3Ghz single core, possibly on all cores overclocked, we'll have to wait and see :)

Anand already have a review up, it doesn't gel with what you're saying here, not by a long way...

If you want to stick with Intel, nowt wrong with that, but you should have got a 10850K mate.

So this "ultimate gaming CPU" didn't take back the gaming crown as you promised? Overclocked north of 5ghz? Hope you've got some serious cooling!

It doesn't look like even the i9 will best AMDs mid range chip, whilst being priced at over a 5900X.

Did you tell us porkies Dave?

Last edited:
Who spends 100's of £ on something before knowing what it is? i never understood that, its like gambling... i'll just throw 100's of £ at Intel and hope for something good in my lucky dip.

I'd like to sell you guys a car, give me the money now and i'll bring it to you in a few days, deal? :D

We pretty much knew exactly what these chips would be capable of so it's not really a gamble. Still don't understand why anyone would choose it over the 10th gen or an AMD though.

Back
Top Bottom