Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

It was a good drive, even though it was scary, pitch black with only your headlights to guide you, then you hit low level cloud at death mans junction visibibity is practically zero (no i didn't over shoot this time unlike si giving his head a bashing on his rear view mirror :D). Although i wasn't as confidant gettin up to speeds past 80 the paseo handled each corner much better than the 5 ever did, i did lose the backend on one controlled it confortably, looks like the reviews of the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres were correct as in wet performance is very poor. Based on last nights events the main meet should be good and with the daylight maybe ill be more ambitious.

thedazman

thedazman67 said:
looks like the reviews of the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres were correct as in wet performance is very poor. Based on last nights events the main meet should be good and with the daylight maybe ill be more ambitious.

thedazman
Thats the thing. I've got ContiSports on again, which aren't as good as Eagles in the dry, but are FAR superior in the wet :)

What do conti-sports set you back per corner gilly? (i'll be on 16's, no idea of the width etc, standard rover turbo alloys). Front offside has gone now really so it's time to replace the front tyres if im keeping the car for more than a few months.

Doesnt sound too bad, the tyres for my last car were £115 a corner :(, that was at kwik-fit mind you for low profile 17's.. Either way ty, definately need something with more grip in the wet.

Back
Top Bottom