Ronski's Solar & battery DIY build with whole house backup

Soldato
OP
Sounds like a good idea. I am itching like mad to get mine done, but you know what it is like when you have plans and other things get in the way! I've written to Santa and asked to have it completed before spring rolls around again. :D
Mines dragged on so long now it's starting to annoy me a little, but I shall be ordering lots of goodies over the weekend - electrician got back to me and said he can't get any better pricing, it's basically get it for what you can find

Soldato
OP
The Multiplus II 48/5000 is £1059.90 plus VAT (£1271.88) - HERE! Or you can get the Quattro 48/10000 for £2,599 + VAT (£3,118.80) - HERE!
Have you used Zero Home Bills? They don't allow credit card payments over £1500, they only accept bank transfer, so no credit card protection :(

Even if I remove the inverter leaving just the Cerbo, it still doesn't show a payment method, just states "Sorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods for your state.Please contact us"

Perhaps this is rather telling https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/0bills.com

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you used Zero Home Bills? They don't allow credit card payments over £1500, they only accept bank transfer, so no credit card protection :(

Even if I remove the inverter leaving just the Cerbo, it still doesn't show a payment method, just states "Sorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods for your state.Please contact us"

Perhaps this is rather telling https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/0bills.com

Used them prior to the pandemic, looks like they have changed hands or at least the domain might have, certainly wouldn't risk using them with the feedback they have had recently.
I'll see what else I can find, and drop some links.

Soldato
OP
@Journey Thanks, yep, the alarm bells started ringing when they wouldn't take a credit card.

I've got everything ordered except the inverter, got a couple of options so far, but they are around the £3.6k mark :(

At least with the build taking so long its given me chance to save up the hard earned pennies.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No, other option was another eBay seller, batterymegauk at £3610 which includes a £75 off voucher.

Had seen the Voltacon option as well, but tried to buy something through them a while back and gave up in the end - very slow to reply to emails.

Soldato
No, other option was another eBay seller, batterymegauk at £3610 which includes a £75 off voucher.

Had seen the Voltacon option as well, but tried to buy something through them a while back and gave up in the end - very slow to reply to emails.

I've been to their shop/warehouse and always has decent service over the phone. Perhaps they are just too busy of recent and can't get staff fast enough?

Last edited:
Caporegime

I Purchased the new style MultiPlus 2kva from them two weeks ago, other than duplicate emails the service was great.

Last edited:
Soldato
Made a cheeky offer and accepted their counter offer of £3389, pleased with that :D

Well I am glad I could be of assistance making you a decent saving, after the ZHB disappointment. :)

EDIT: The panels through Solar Sparky, is the price inc. VAT? Can you drop a link, doing a system config for someone and these look like the best £/Wp at the mo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The Renesolar 410w are £189 inc VAT. and they are the right size for your application as well.

I ordered the panels yesterday, its only 180w difference.

I had some toys, sorry tools arrive yesterday.

Toys.jpg

Spent the day at work again today, but got finished mid-afternoon. Should be the last day I need to do stuff at work, only minor stuff now apart from actually installing everything.

All the main rack fabrication is done, there are still some minor bits to do, but they will be bolted or riveted in place.

Rack-built.jpg
Rack-built-virtual.jpg

Then it was a case of strip it down, clean it all up ready for spraying.

Rack-side-prepped-for-spraying.jpg

The other one I hung on our engine crane for spraying.

I've also sprayed all the mounting clamps black, as well as some end frame brackets, although I neglected to take a picture of them.

I've now brought the rack home, and will assemble it tomorrow, when the colour will be revealed - any guesses as to the colour?

I have some more goodies arriving tomorrow, two charge controllers and I think the Lynx Power In.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom