Rooney asks to leave, Utd say not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to DM I can't decide what's worse;

• His incomprehensible point of view
  • His life sucking walls of text
  • His recently ACQUIRED fad FOR using BLOCK capitols FOR no REASON whatsoever

Maybe we can take it to a poll?

While its true that Rooney isn't a player who will run past a defender or two with the ball at his feet and go round the keeper to score he does score important goals and he can still finish sharply in the box.

If only he could be a bit more direct and shed a bit of weight..m

I still have DM on ignore from years ago but Pigeons post made me click :/

Strange how all the RM players were talking about how it was Rooney and not RvP they feared before the CL games, the Spanish press were going mad over him about how he was a gifted bull who would run through Madrids defence.

Again DM you have surpassed yourself with your uttered blinkered view on football, I love how you write as if you cannot be wrong and that you're the font of all knowledge, when you literally do not have a clue most of the time.

Do you think it's because Rooney's also unpredictable?

I mean, really Van Persie is going to be up top, generally speaking unless it's defending a set piece? Do you think a team fears a player like Rooney more than a 'traditional' striker because he's basically prone to popping up anywhere at any given time?

I think that's part of it, I also think that Rooney (when playing well) offers a good technical ability and a physicality that a Spanish side would struggle with, like you said with the bull comment but would say that he's a bull with good feet, he offers the ability to be able to skin a man, and hold defenders off / shrug them off.

rumours (on twitter) that Rooney and Phil Jones had a bust up in training, and Rooney required stitches /left out of the Swansea squad.

Any truth to it?

Funny how fickle fans can be. He has been United's best player for a good few years until the arrival of Van Persie. I would rather him in my squad than not.

Of course you would but if the same player asks to leave twice in 2 years whilst his performances have been sketchy all season, would you still want him?

What's funny is you can't see why they just might be ready to say enough's enough. Liverpool fans forgave Gerrard when he clearly wanted out. Of course they did it was a one off. Manu fans did the same with Rooney.

How many times would you say is acceptable?

2, 10, 100?

Its his attitude ON the pitch that is just as bad (while Utd were still fighting on three fronts).

No one should expect him to turn every match, as long as he tries 100% - and its fair to say a lot of matches he has played in this season, he hasn't put in nearly enough effort.

Rooney's first touch has been shocking in the past 4-6 weeks. He looks all round lethargic and just going through the motions. When he is fit and he has his head on the game, he is unstoppable

if you give a player their pay demands, you expect them to deliver. lethargic performances and poor touches, attitude are not delivering.

phil jones looks like he gets beaten up every morning

532102844.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom