Rooney asks to leave, Utd say not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man who gave Wayne Rooney the chance to earn the status and wealth he has, and he couldn't even keep it together to show him the respect and give him a great performance in commemoration. Needs to give his head a shake.

No way they'll keep him, not with a new guy coming in. Keeping him will just undermine what Moyes will set out to do from July 1st.

'I don't think Wayne was keen to play simply because he's asked for a transfer,' he said. 'I think he wants to think things through in his mind; I think that's a good idea.

'We're not going to let him go. I think he's maybe a bit frustrated that he's been taken off once or twice in the last few weeks.
Alex Fergusen

I don't get it, if he wants to go, just let him go! he will only play badly if he does grace the pitch. you cant force Rooney to stay and play well, so cash in and move on.

The man who gave Wayne Rooney the chance to earn the status and wealth he has, and he couldn't even keep it together to show him the respect and give him a great performance in commemoration. Needs to give his head a shake.

lol he was the most wanted player in the summer of 2004, he could have gone anywhere and been twice as rich as at ManU with there strict wage structure (until 2010 lol).

The major shame is that he is such a chav that he couldnt have achieved the work rate required at somewhere like RM or Barca. He is a poor mans ronalinho, more interested in the flashiness of pro football rather than the hardwork.

Not sure what I think about the rooney situation.

On the one hand, he has been a good servent to the club, relatively consistent, scored a lot of goals.

On the other, you could argue he brings too much controversy, demanding the transfer request previously and rocking the boat and then having a season like he has done where despite the goals he has scored he is a shadow of his potential.

You just know if he moves on he will hit some form and become a top player again.

if someone outside England wants to pay 30+m for him should sell him in a heartbeat if there's a striker already lined up

Utd supporters only turning up when they win the league. Where were you this time last season when Aguero popped up with that goal?

Utd supporters only turning up when they win the league. Where were you this time last season when Aguero popped up with that goal?

Technically it wasn't "this time" last season, they won it on the 38th game. We were awarded the trophy after the 37th after already securing it weeks in advance. ;)

However, you know exactly where I was Baz, my man, I was on Twitter (where I usually am)
If you remember back, and think really, really hard, I'm sure you'll even remember me congratulating them on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom