Royal Male Destroyed My Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
SD used to be 1k when I worked for them but you could always pay for more insurance

You can easily not hear about regulations , especially with privately owned post offices and staff who aren't well trained or simply just don't care .

They probably do have evidence kept somewhere or are atleast supposed too , easy for it to go 'missing' though . Who says it was a standard worker anyway ? And how do we know the camera or a lens wherent removed long before the battery got took to a manager

Soldato
They have no remit to destroy your parcel, what they have (which is the same as every other carrier) is to hold a parcel at the point it was found to contain something that was not safe to put through the network, and ask you to make arrangements to remove it.

I would be filing with the small claims court for the loss of the item if they have destroyed it.

To be fair to Royal Mail though, they are awful, its no secret so people should expect the worst.

Last edited:
Associate
Destroyed doesn't necessarily mean that it will be. Apparently "items may be sent to recycle, handed to the relevant authorities including the Police and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), or sold at auction, with any monies raised used to fund the National Returns Centre’s work."

Soldato
It would be very naive of you to think that these are isolated issues, and yes, the test is what they do to resolve the issue.

If I recall rightly, their attempt at resolution in the currency exchange case was to try and pin all blame on the customer, accuse them of fraud, and threaten legal action, that's not what I would class as "messing up" exactly...

I've stopped using my local PO because I always get grief from them when I take in parcels I've paid for online. Obviously there are going to be some great POs out there, but overall they just give me the impression of an archaic organisation who haven't bothered to make the effort to be competitive due to the fact they are govt. owned.

POs aren't anything to do with Royal Mail though are they? AFAIK they just sell RM postal services but are a separate company.

The sooner PO's start selling services from other couriers the better.

Soldato
It would be very naive of you to think that these are isolated issues, and yes, the test is what they do to resolve the issue.

If I recall rightly, their attempt at resolution in the currency exchange case was to try and pin all blame on the customer, accuse them of fraud, and threaten legal action, that's not what I would class as "messing up" exactly...

I've stopped using my local PO because I always get grief from them when I take in parcels I've paid for online. Obviously there are going to be some great POs out there, but overall they just give me the impression of an archaic organisation who haven't bothered to make the effort to be competitive due to the fact they are govt. owned.

You need to separate the Post Office from Royal Mail they are not the same company. In fact soon you won't even have a "Post Office" as such.

C'mon OP. If you're posting a thread as sensationalist as this, we would have expected a response by now. I hope you've given them hell if this is for real. Like already said several times, batteries shouldn't be an excuse because phones, MP3 players and cameras always ship with one included. Hell, my Canon Powershot G9 came with 2 :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Since no updates have been made it boils down to one of two things.

1. Op is full of cheese.
2. Op has done unspeakable things at the thought of losing a couple of £thousand and is currently behind bars.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^Just read a few threads started by op, enough confirm know troll status 100%.

A string of RMA and DSR related threads along with threads about getting scammed and lack of updates in those threads.

Op deserves a punch in the testicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom