Royal Male Destroyed My Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Sent a router the other day via parcel force, the stroppy bint at th counter asked me what was in it, when I asked why she said its the law (lol) I said it must be a new one and no I won't tell you what's in it, but I will say its not dangerous or has batteries

Soldato
Surely if you are insuring a package for two thousand pounds you have to tell them whats in it in the insurance description?
I would assume hats how they know what is in it.
However, if you have told them and they accept the delivery, the they can't back out later.

I want an update OP.

Soldato
Along with the currency exchange thread a few months back, it's no wonder Royal Fail are going down the pan, their customer service is non-existent, they seem to forget that they are dependent on people using their services to pay their wages. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Along with the currency exchange thread a few months back, it's no wonder Royal Fail are going down the pan, their customer service is non-existent, they seem to forget that they are dependent on people using their services to pay their wages. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, of course, because two threads in a couple of months from a small percentage of the many many parcels I suspect are sent by ocuk users on a daily basis represents the issues of a large companies capability.....

I know everyone here is livid at this issue, which is fair enough, but the test of Royal Mail is what they do to resolve the issue, not, 'some big corporation messed up'....

kd

Soldato
Ah yes, of course, because two threads in a couple of months from a small percentage of the many many parcels I suspect are sent by ocuk users on a daily basis represents the issues of a large companies capability.....

I know everyone here is livid at this issue, which is fair enough, but the test of Royal Mail is what they do to resolve the issue, not, 'some big corporation messed up'....

kd

It would be very naive of you to think that these are isolated issues, and yes, the test is what they do to resolve the issue.

If I recall rightly, their attempt at resolution in the currency exchange case was to try and pin all blame on the customer, accuse them of fraud, and threaten legal action, that's not what I would class as "messing up" exactly...

I've stopped using my local PO because I always get grief from them when I take in parcels I've paid for online. Obviously there are going to be some great POs out there, but overall they just give me the impression of an archaic organisation who haven't bothered to make the effort to be competitive due to the fact they are govt. owned.

Soldato
As if they'd actually destroy an expensive camera. Someone's got it.

This!

Sounds like a scammer within the company .

Surely if you are insuring a package for two thousand pounds you have to tell them whats in it in the insurance description?
I would assume hats how they know what is in it.
However, if you have told them and they accept the delivery, the they can't back out later.

I want an update OP.

Sounds more like someone has seen it under the scanner and decided they wouldn't mind a 2k camera so has 'destroyed' it and used the battery as cover

Or even that someone's dropped/smashed it and to stop a claim they have used this as an excuse

What I would be wanting to know is
Why did they accept it to deliver ?
Why didn't they contact you before destroying ?
Why didn't they just destroy the battery ?
Where's their evidence of destruction ? (Bearing in mind at my work we have to take photos of things worth even just a quid before binning/destroying )

Might be worth telling them you did stick a li po warning on the parcel. Up to them to find out which person who touched the parcel(everyone along the line signs for SD) removed it !

Shake things up a bit...

Soldato
In the absence of any update from the OP, I'm calling shens.

Doesn't Special Delivery only cover goods up to the value of £500 by default? Did you specifically request to cover for goods of up to £2000? I refuse to believe that you can ship goods of that value and not be told about their shipping regulations. I also don't believe that Royal Mail have a system where a standard worker can flag an item as 'destroyed' without any sort of accountability.

Sounds more like someone has seen it under the scanner and decided they wouldn't mind a 2k camera so has 'destroyed' it and used the battery as cover

This only works if you assume that the Royal Mail allow any old worker to freely determine that an item should be destroyed and that their system allows them to 'destroy' it with no accountability.

I find that highly unlikely.

If that happened, then I would expect Royal Mail to be able to identify the individual worker and have all sorts of checks in place to ensure that the item was correctly dealt with. No way would they leave themselves open to a claim that items can systematically be taken and not destroyed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom