• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 Ti delay when i pre-ordered on day of announcement from OC UK!

Associate
As of the situation in Denmark, I also ordered my Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB aug. 20th and waited till the official release date sept 20th. It then got delayed to sept. 27th, then delayed again to octb. 5th and now it's delayed again untill octb. 19th.
My wifes MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC 8GB which I ordered aug. 28th got delayed to oct. 11th and now it's delayed to nov.14th.
So we are being patient and keep waiting since prices on both cards have risen quite a bit.

OcUK Staff
As of the situation in Denmark, I also ordered my Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB aug. 20th and waited till the official release date sept 20th. It then got delayed to sept. 27th, then delayed again to octb. 5th and now it's delayed again untill octb. 19th.
My wifes MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC 8GB which I ordered aug. 28th got delayed to oct. 11th and now it's delayed to nov.14th.
So we are being patient and keep waiting since prices on both cards have risen quite a bit.

Yes keep your pre-orders on, because the first pre-order prices were much cheaper, those won't happen again for sometime.

Also when 2070 comes out, again pre-order price will be super aggressive, but a few days later, price shall go up quite a bit, so be warned, with new GPU always best time to order is absolutely as soon as they appear online or wait say 2-3 months when everything is in free stock, then the prices generally return and manufacturers want to do deals as they have volume to shift.

I am thinking 2080Ti will be in allocation until early next year, 2080 is fine and 2070 will also probably be fine. Flagship GPU always has the lowest yield rate, hence been short, it is also the most popular.

Just like the 9900K is the most popular from new CPU's, already pre-sold close to 500 of those. :)

Associate
Yes keep your pre-orders on, because the first pre-order prices were much cheaper, those won't happen again for sometime.

Also when 2070 comes out, again pre-order price will be super aggressive, but a few days later, price shall go up quite a bit, so be warned, with new GPU always best time to order is absolutely as soon as they appear online or wait say 2-3 months when everything is in free stock, then the prices generally return and manufacturers want to do deals as they have volume to shift.

I am thinking 2080Ti will be in allocation until early next year, 2080 is fine and 2070 will also probably be fine. Flagship GPU always has the lowest yield rate, hence been short, it is also the most popular.

Just like the 9900K is the most popular from new CPU's, already pre-sold close to 500 of those. :)
How many have u got coming of the 9900k tho!

OcUK Staff
How many have u got coming of the 9900k tho!

Not that many on first wave, more to follow, luckily I did place an order for nearly 10,000 units some months back so we will get a reasonable amount, it is just never enough due to all the crazy shortages.

Only memory and NAND that seems un-affected, hence those prices are still reducing. :)

Associate
I'm in exactly the same boat. Ordered a 2080ti duke from ocuk within a few minutes of them going live (for £1049) and still waiting. Hopefully we will both get ours soon

Soldato
Not that many on first wave, more to follow, luckily I did place an order for nearly 10,000 units some months back so we will get a reasonable amount, it is just never enough due to all the crazy shortages.

Only memory and NAND that seems un-affected, hence those prices are still reducing. :)

Looking at what the 9900ks are going for I feel I got an absolutely stonking bargain 6 months ago when I bought my i7-7820x for £410 new. Even though it will clock higher, 50% more is insane!

Associate
Last week was Golden Week in China, so all production ceased whilst they take a break, this of course adds delays to shipments.
But the yield NVIDIA had planned for has simply not happened.

We have no ETA, some brands are saying end of November before volume shipments.

We honour all pre-orders irrelevant of the price paid, so simply remain steady, I do know that MSI, EVGA have shipped little to nothing into the channel. So far the volumes seem to be coming from Asus, Gigabyte, Inno3D, Palit and Zotac.

That’s odd I got my EVGA on the 25th of September...

Associate
Aesthetics is in the eye of the buyer, nvidia's FE looks really nice but the cooler is a bit flawed, they should have vented it more than they did to let air escape with more ease. Some of these aftermarket cards are loading a good 10-15c lower than the FE card, even when overclocking is taken into consideration.
I've seen numerous reports of the FE being in the 75C range when overclocked, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I'm just surprised anyone would spend this kind of money on something that looks like it was cobbled together in an afternoon from reject parts in someone's garden shed :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I've seen numerous reports of the FE being in the 75C range when overclocked, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I'm just surprised anyone would spend this kind of money on something that looks like it was cobbled together in an afternoon from reject parts in someone's garden shed :rolleyes:

I don't see much wrong with most of the designs personally, some look a bit cringey but others like the zotac amp and the gigabyte windforce\gaming are pretty understated. They're bulky yes but this is a hotter running card after all so it's more of a necessity.

Soldato
That’s odd I got my EVGA on the 25th of September...

You are one of very few in Europe. At least until this week when EVGA started shipping some of their direct orders. USA seems to have an abundance of them, everyone who pre ordered at the biggest online retailer in the world in the US had their orders fulfilled.

Back
Top Bottom