• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 Ti delay when i pre-ordered on day of announcement from OC UK!

Soldato
What I really don’t understand is that I ordered 2 MSI Duke 2080tis maybe 3 days after the announcement at the low launch price, received both on the 25th September... Not from here though but still.

Caporegime
simply because of Brand Perception, nothing else, everyone wants the EVGA, ASUS and MSI ones as they are well known.

Yup, most of the cards are using the reference PCB as well with a few using customs so doesn't really make a difference in quality terms, just the name.

Associate
My MSI 2080Ti Duke shipped today!

I pre-ordered my MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke here in Denmark on launch day and paid a launch price of 8749DKK, normal price is around 9899DKK.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I’ve finally pre-ordered an EVGA XC Ultra, reckon I’ll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas though.

Will cancel it if the FE Ti’s become available again.

Caporegime
They have china RMA and come with the least warranty, so its not just the name per se.

Even if it were uk based it would be the same situation i would think, people just go for the brand names more often than not. Zotac have the best warranty of the bunch and i'm pretty sure they have a UK based rma, yet their 2080ti cards are easy to get.

Last edited:
Soldato
Even if it were uk based it would be the same situation i would think, people just go for the brand names more often than not. Zotac have the best warranty of the bunch and i'm pretty sure they have a UK based rma, yet their 2080ti cards are easy to get.
At gougy prices yeah,I'm not paying £1400 for a 2080ti regardless of whose name is on the box

Associate
OP
Last week was Golden Week in China, so all production ceased whilst they take a break, this of course adds delays to shipments.
But the yield NVIDIA had planned for has simply not happened.

We have no ETA, some brands are saying end of November before volume shipments.

We honour all pre-orders irrelevant of the price paid, so simply remain steady, I do know that MSI, EVGA have shipped little to nothing into the channel. So far the volumes seem to be coming from Asus, Gigabyte, Inno3D, Palit and Zotac.
This is all what i wanted. - Someone to explain the situation to me and be honest and upfront. Is gives me peace of mind and stops me getting my hopes up at the end of every week hoping it is going to get sent out.

I now have the information i need to either cancel or play the waiting game. Tbf, i would cancel and just get an FE model however they are also out of stock.

Associate
I tend to order from elsewhere now. OcUK is still the best for after sales customer care though. It’s just a shame that their prices are a tad high compared to competitors and that they tend to not get as much stock as their competitors too.

Back
Top Bottom