• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3*** Super and 4*** cards in 2022

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...-be-announced-mid-december-launch-mid-january

excited-ronpaul.gif
Going to try and grab a 3070 Ti 16GB FE and move my 3070 on. Might even break even in the process :D

Soldato
Going to try and grab a 3070 Ti 16GB FE and move my 3070 on. Might even break even in the process :D
Yeah, thinking the same. Need to sell my 6800 first. Was mulling over the 8 GB ones but it's just so pathetic to be stuck with that, made a whole RTX list for games and everything to decide. Realistically I only really want the change for the gains in Cyberpunk because I'm fine with an RX 6800 for all the rest, more or less. Plus I'll probably have to upgrade CPU too since it's Nvidia.
c8wuPib.jpg.png

Associate
RDNA 3 is rumoured to be an absolute beast so NVIDIA is pushing performance as high as they possible can to retain their crown as performance is all that matters to them. Power draw is definitely higher than Ampere per reliable leaks. The 4080 Ti will be 450w TDP IMO.

450w TDP? Peak or constant? Can you imagine? A 300w card can trip and mess a 800w PSU when the spikes of consumption in a system hit. A 450w will required 1000w+ PSU as a constant / safer run... Gush...

Does 3060 Super > 3060 Ti > 3060? Because 1660 Ti was 5-6% better then 1660 Super :))... So they now reverse the line?

One issue is that most car companies went up even 10x times in the last 2 years in their need of GPUs / CPUs for the cars. Most of the more premium platforms for 2022+ have GPU in them (Audi, BMW) and those require "silicon's" :D. More demand on market, more people to "buy" products = less % from the global production left for desktop graphic cards.

Associate
Its just all smoke & mirrors, a 3080 12GB sounds nice but that's what we should have got in Oct 2020 for £650 what is it going to be in Jan 2022 8months before the next gen is due?

Its not going to be good is it...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, thinking the same. Need to sell my 6800 first. Was mulling over the 8 GB ones but it's just so pathetic to be stuck with that, made a whole RTX list for games and everything to decide. Realistically I only really want the change for the gains in Cyberpunk because I'm fine with an RX 6800 for all the rest, more or less. Plus I'll probably have to upgrade CPU too since it's Nvidia.
c8wuPib.jpg.png
Yep. I feel the 3070 Ti will offer a sweet spot in terms of price for performance if you want the 16GB VRAM and will keep its value longer into the future. Not that intend to keep it for long, will sell it as soon as I get a 4070 or 7800 (if AMD start charging msrp in the UK) :D

Associate
Yep. I feel the 3070 Ti will offer a sweet spot in terms of price for performance if you want the 16GB VRAM and will keep its value longer into the future. Not that intend to keep it for long, will sell it as soon as I get a 4070 or 7800 (if AMD start charging msrp in the UK) :D

You will have a long wait for that one AMD tell lots of porkies now. The 3070ti 8 GB is already power hungry i would hate to think what the extra 8 GB will do.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You will have a long wait for that one AMD tell lots of porkies now. The 3070ti 8 GB is already power hungry i would hate to think what the extra 8 GB will do.
Yea, can’t see my next GPU being AMD to be honest and the main reason is the silly prices. Also can’t see why the extra 8GB is going to make a huge difference to power. Will still be less power than the 3080 I had and I was fine with that. I also set fps limiters so unless I am playing the latest games it does not suck much juice :)

Associate
i should think everything is LHR now but for the FE`s. i hope Nvidia make more of an effort when the RTX 4000 get released next autumn to reduce miners interest in those new graphic cards otherwise they will lose all credibility.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Be selling my 3080ti around September then so I don't loose much money.

Assume I'll be crying in no GPU until 2023
No point these days mate. People still be paying full price for used old hardware even after new gen launches. I would only do that if there is no more shortage anymore.

Back
Top Bottom