• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

"Nope" - you then went on to explain that it was because you werent selling enough :confused:

I am confused.

£179 - Supported stock, all sold out on day one.
£225 - Fair price for product based on our cost, sales slowed down massively compared to £179, were sitting on a 6500 XT mountain. Instead of waiting for sales to potentially build back up, I took action, requested support.
£199 - Sales have improved, plus stock will start been used in SI, the mountain is reducing.

I also can't see many other places selling 6500 XT sub £200, the Bolton competitor who listed their Asus MSRP stock has now sold out, they then increased to £199 and have since sold out it seems.

At £199 the 6500 XT seems to be selling OK, not as good as £179 but a lot better than at £225. :)

As always it is economics of scale, supply outweighs demand, price comes down, demand outweighs supply, price goes up, for OcUK on 6500 XT we had 1000+ and demand was not there for that quantity at the higher than MSRP price.

I am confused.

£179 - Supported stock, all sold out on day one.
£225 - Fair price for product based on our cost, sales slowed down massively compared to £179, were sitting on a 6500 XT mountain. Instead of waiting for sales to potentially build back up, I took action, requested support.
£199 - Sales have improved, plus stock will start been used in SI, the mountain is reducing.

I also can't see many other places selling 6500 XT sub £200, the Bolton competitor who listed their Asus MSRP stock has now sold out, they then increased to £199 and have since sold out it seems.

At £199 the 6500 XT seems to be selling OK, not as good as £179 but a lot better than at £225. :)

I am even more confused!

I said "Well, obviously you werent selling them fast enough/as much as expected at £225 or there is no way they would be on offer so quickly."

You then replied saying "Nope", but then went on to say that the price did indeed drop because they werent selling fast enough

"at £225 the sales dropped to less than 20 units per day, so I went back to Sapphire and said we need to sell at £199 can you help, they gave some assistance and we dropped our margin to 10% and were at £199 and sales are much better now"

So the price did drop because you werent selling them fast enough :confused:

So i'm not sure why you started your post with "Nope". Did you mean "You are correct", because the explanation given entirely contradicts the "Nope" :p

I am even more confused!

I said "Well, obviously you werent selling them fast enough/as much as expected at £225 or there is no way they would be on offer so quickly."

You then replied saying "Nope", but then went on to say that the price did indeed drop because they werent selling fast enough

"at £225 the sales dropped to less than 20 units per day, so I went back to Sapphire and said we need to sell at £199 can you help, they gave some assistance and we dropped our margin to 10% and were at £199 and sales are much better now"

So the price did drop because you werent selling them fast enough :confused:

So i'm not sure why you started your post with "Nope". Did you mean "You are correct", because the explanation given entirely contradicts the "Nope" :p

I think we have both confused each other.

At £225 they were not selling enough, if we were not sat on a mountain we would have just left them at £225, but when I have 1000 units in stock of something I want to see them selling fast, so yes I dropped the price to encourage more sales, but needed a little help from Sapphire to hit the £199 price tag which they obliged and at £199 sales are much better.

I have since gone back to all other board partners telling them they need to be hitting £199 or less if they want sales to be half decent, ball is in their court now to make it happen.

At £225 they were not selling enough

Which is what i said :p

I'm not confused. I literally said the price dropped because they werent selling fast enough/as much as expected, and you just said that was correct (hence why i didnt understand the "Nope".

Which is what i said :p

I'm not confused. I literally said the price dropped because they werent selling fast enough/as much as expected, and you just said that was correct (hence why i didnt understand the "Nope".

Probably a typo from me as when I am replying here I am generally holding several conversations and doing other stuff at same time, my apologies, but yes sales were slow at £225, so I took action, at £199 sales are better. :)

Prices will float with demand, same as the 6500xt. If as expected there is huge demand, prices will rise. Looks like £299 tomorrow, who knows how many cards.

Then if demand is huge, prices will rise until an equilibrium is reached. So let's hope demand is poor.

I cant tell if you've misunderstood what I said/meant, or are just trolling...
AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT Graphics Cards at Overclockers UK
I'm looking at the full range of prices for the 6500XT's and then suggesting where the 3050 is going to end up being given its the better card.

To answer the question you asked, the answer will be 'both'. The majority of the 6500's are priced too high , Gibbo has said he's trying to get them down nearer the £200 mark, and the 3050 should be around 20% higher due to roughly 20% higher performance (so maybe 25% higher as people always pay a bit more for a bit more...)

I cant tell if you've misunderstood what I said/meant, or are just trolling...
AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT Graphics Cards at Overclockers UK
I'm looking at the full range of prices for the 6500XT's and then suggesting where the 3050 is going to end up being given its the better card.

I'm not trolling. I'm just stating that there is no need to quote the highest Asus price to make a point, and comments like that only make the whole situation worse.

That is how marketing (Asus espeically want you to think).

There is a clear difference to now where we clearly know that the higher shipping, wages, component costs etc are as they have stabilised for the most part and some of them are slipping back down again. There is no excuse for Nvidia to be suggesting a price that isn’t achievable for a sustained period, let a online today.
Yeah this was the point I made earlier that costs are now known and also when you factor in the $250 MSRP for this card it's already a 70% markup on its predecessor the 1650 so anything on top MSRP is down to profiteering and not production or shipping costs.

Series X is freely available now, just get that and forget over-priced GPU's for now.
Hopefully the crypto collapse will continue too :)

Yeah this was the point I made earlier that costs are now known and also when you factor in the $250 MSRP for this card it's already a 70% markup on its predecessor the 1650 so anything on top MSRP is down to profiteering and not production or shipping costs.

OC exist to make a profit for their owners. They can only add extra margins to cards if folk are willing to pay. Don't pay, 6500xt for example and the price drops.

I think the 3050 will sell extremely well.

Series X is freely available now, just get that and forget over-priced GPU's for now.
Hopefully the crypto collapse will continue too :)

It has gone up $5000 USD in past two days. Crypto is up and down like something crazy, big money to be made on trading it, big money to be lost as well.

Back
Top Bottom