• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Fingers and toes crossed for at least a few at MSRP on OcUK... @Gibbo any chance of a heads up on estimated drop time?

We don't have enough yet supported at MSRP to even hope to put them live.

At £239 no matter what anyone says here, it is an absolute bargain! It beats a 1660 which are £350 upwards and nearly matches a 2060 which are £400 upwards, so here we have a new RTX 30 series latest generation card for nearly half the price of the old stuff. DEMAND WILL BE INSANE AT MSRP.

As such it is my priority at all cost to protect OcUK, putting our 50 cards, might be 100 by tomorrow live at £239 stands a high chance in the time it takes me to pull the order button (60s) of selling around 500 cards or even worse the website slows to a crawl and I cannot even pull the order button down, resulting in potentially thousands sold, which would leave us with another 3080 situation and a situation I will never risk again. Every launch since we have played it safe and had little to no issues.

As such we won't make any card available at £239 tomorrow at 2pm, however what I might do is after launch is make an MSRP product available but not where you'd expect to find it on the site and then try to post it on the forum as a headsup, the other option is voucher code but not sure if they are possible any more with us moving sites and changing internal systems etc.

In the meantime my advice is to anyone here if you see a card at MSRP with an order button anywhere, then BUY IT and be quick!

I cannot see any cards been available at MSRP next week unfortunately.

We don't have enough yet supported at MSRP to even hope to put them live.

At £239 no matter what anyone says here, it is an absolute bargain! It beats a 1660 which are £350 upwards and nearly matches a 2060 which are £400 upwards, so here we have a new RTX 30 series latest generation card for nearly half the price of the old stuff. DEMAND WILL BE INSANE AT MSRP.

As such it is my priority at all cost to protect OcUK, putting our 50 cards, might be 100 by tomorrow live at £239 stands a high chance in the time it takes me to pull the order button (60s) of selling around 500 cards or even worse the website slows to a crawl and I cannot even pull the order button down, resulting in potentially thousands sold, which would leave us with another 3080 situation and a situation I will never risk again. Every launch since we have played it safe and had little to no issues.

As such we won't make any card available at £239 tomorrow at 2pm, however what I might do is after launch is make an MSRP product available but not where you'd expect to find it on the site and then try to post it on the forum as a headsup, the other option is voucher code but not sure if they are possible any more with us moving sites and changing internal systems etc.

In the meantime my advice is to anyone here if you see a card at MSRP with an order button anywhere, then BUY IT and be quick!

I cannot see any cards been available at MSRP next week unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes open in the meantime then

Anyone can vote, vote what you like without actually owning one if you want, now go and look up the owners threads, people that actually bought one.

Yes anyone can vote I agree, but why vote if you didn't get one, I don't see the point?

I've had a quick look at the owners threads and there are even more FE owners than I thought there would be considering it keeps being banded about how very little there were of these in the first place. As a proportion of the total numbers in these owners threads, the FE as it own model is clearly the most owned. Only when you club ALL AIB's together do they then overtake (and not always by a large margin considering the "scarcity" of the FE models). It still seems the FE is the most popular individual model made by a singular manufacturer.

Less than 200 votes, OcUK alone has sold thousands upon thousands of AIB cards, let alone all the other resellers in the UK, then add all the system integrators, the reality is AIB numbers are far greater, than factor in worldwide numbers where FE cards are not available in some countries at all and the AIB's numbers are in a different league.

With all due respect I don't care about anywhere but the UK as I don't buy from anywhere else.

Wow, £240, that's very surprising!

I support OC in not going live with these tbh. Unfortunately probably means i won't get one, not OC's fault ofcourse. But even so my 6500xt will be back in the post shortly. Sad times.

Yes anyone can vote I agree, but why vote if you didn't get one, I don't see the point?

I've had a quick look at the owners threads and there are even more FE owners than I thought there would be considering it keeps being banded about how very little there were of these in the first place. As a proportion of the total numbers in these owners threads, the FE as it own model is clearly the most owned. Only when you club ALL AIB's together do they then overtake (and not always by a large margin considering the "scarcity" of the FE models). It still seems the FE is the most popular individual model made by a singular manufacturer.

With all due respect I don't care about anywhere but the UK as I don't buy from anywhere else.

The owners thread is a very small snapshot of the UK market and isn't representative either of the market anyway. It's merely a poll completed by people who visit the forum and care to post they have a card. They'll be many people who simply haven't posted either for that matter.

Sorry but I'm far more inclined to believe Gibbo about which card sells better and HAS more sales rather than a forum poll. Not even a comparison when comparing the two.

And with all due respect sales everywhere matter and to base how you care on a forum poll alone is laughable.

These threads are comical.

Back
Top Bottom