• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Soldato
Thanks for sorting this deal out Gibbo, I was just about to take the plunge and order a GTX1650 at the same price until saw this offer, I managed to get one of the Palit RTX3050 Storm X cards at £239.99 great to see OCUK supporting its customers :)

Caporegime
Oh look, crypto isnt the problem

It still definitely is the main problem.

Just because these are rubbish at crypto mining, that doesn't mean cyrpto isn't causing them to be snapped up quickly. Crypto has turned the whole market on its head and caused this level of GPU (1660 super/2060 etc) to sell for silly prices. That means when something comes along that is priced less for the same level of performance, it will naturally fill the that void/market space where gamers want that price/performance.

Associate
Been struggling to find anything reasonable price to upgrade from my rx570 to so I could give the kids the 570. Thankfully managed to grab one of the £239 3050’s, great that OCUK does these things for the members.

Associate
Just registered. Am a graphic and 3D artist, no animation. Will there be another 'release' of stock? I had a Quadro K2200 that packed up a year ago and have been using my CPU's card. Renders are slow and viewport looks awful. I was so tempted to buy a refurbished RTX 3060, but nothing ever came up that looked from a legit or reliable vendor.. Hoping the 3050s will be back in stock... tonight? tomorrow? never again? Any advice from you veterans would be most appreciated. Been struggling with eyesight as well from surgeries and need to get back to my illustrations for education users. Cheers.

Soldato
OP
It still definitely is the main problem.

Just because these are rubbish at crypto mining, that doesn't mean cyrpto isn't causing them to be snapped up quickly. Crypto has turned the whole market on its head and caused this level of GPU (1660 super/2060 etc) to sell for silly prices. That means when something comes along that is priced less for the same level of performance, it will naturally fill the that void/market space where gamers want that price/performance.
No it is not. The 3050 are rubbush at mining, yet all gine in 30 seconds, which proves my point. Which boogieman will you blame next year with sky high prices and no supply??

Soldato
I think this is coming. Could be a few months yet though :p
If there is a big crash and cards start getting sold off cheap I'm half tempted to buy a bunch and build a big folding@home rig or something (I think it's still going, just much less popular since mining has been a thing). Good way to keep my garage toasty while doing something useful :p

Soldato
OP
Just registered. Am a graphic and 3D artist, no animation. Will there be another 'release' of stock? I had a Quadro K2200 that packed up a year ago and have been using my CPU's card. Renders are slow and viewport looks awful. I was so tempted to buy a refurbished RTX 3060, but nothing ever came up that looked from a legit or reliable vendor.. Hoping the 3050s will be back in stock... tonight? tomorrow? never again? Any advice from you veterans would be most appreciated. Been struggling with eyesight as well from surgeries and need to get back to my illustrations for education users. Cheers.
Not at cheap prices, except a deal on £499 rtx 3060 tomorrow, or you can get a 450 rx 6600 now

Man of Honour
AMD are releasing a pro version of the 6500 xt soon, W6400, don't know if it's of any interest to you. The 3050s are probably going to be hard to get from now on unless you're paying more like £350-400.

Caporegime
No it is not. The 3050 are rubbush at mining, yet all gine in 30 seconds, which proves my point. Which boogieman will you blame next year with sky high prices and no supply??

I gave you a reason for why.

Crypto mining has completely upended the market. It may not be THE only thing, but it has been a massive contributor to the situation right now.

I guarantee you that if crypto drops further to the point where mining is completely unprofitable for the recreational/home miner, things will slowly get back to normal.

Soldato
The delusion of cryptobros never ceases to amaze me. People are desperately snapping up cards like this because they can't get anything else for any sort of reasonable price. You haven't "proven" anything, except maybe a desire to dodge any sort of responsibility in your own mind. Hardware Unboxed have been proving month after month for a year or more that GPU pricing is tied very closely to crypto profitability. Anybody who thinks that isn't the primary cause of the current market being ****ed is either being dishonest or outright delusional, and factually wrong either way.

Associate

This is a byproduct of the shortages from reasons which include mining. The supply of these cards was low, that was confirmed by Gibbo.

Caporegime
The delusion of cryptobros never ceases to amaze me. People are desperately snapping up cards like this because they can't get anything else for any sort of reasonable price. You haven't "proven" anything, except maybe a desire to dodge any sort of responsibility in your own mind. Hardware Unboxed have been proving month after month for a year or more that GPU pricing is tied very closely to crypto profitability. Anybody who thinks that isn't the primary cause of the current market being ****ed is either being dishonest or outright delusional, and factually wrong either way.

Indeed.

It is the most simple of concepts. Many cards have been literal money printers and during the peak times have had ROI of only a few months.

There will always be ENDLESS demand for something that is free and actually makes money!

That leaves the GPU market with very little stock for gamers, meaning even low performance cards get driven up in price.

Associate
On topic question, can people tell me what these were selling for today? I didn't have the time at work to look and was too focusssed in the other thread also.

All i can see is one tripple fan at £400

Back
Top Bottom