• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
The £240 cards went to regular forum members, very briefly. Everything else was scalped up by bots notifying people that just bought whatever they could - regardless of how much of a bad deal it was.

Otherwise your best bet is a 6600 / 3060. Both in stock now.
Yes, I got the 3060 at a reasonable price for these days. I didn't know the available stock was for regular forum members. Makes sense but I wish I had known that. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yes, I got the 3060 at a reasonable price for these days. I didn't know the available stock was for regular forum members. Makes sense but I wish I had known that. :rolleyes:
There were other cards available to everyone too, it was only a single model at £240 which was specifically linked to for the qualifying forum members. All the £265 models and so on did go live on the website, they just got snapped up very quickly due to the demand (a lot of it probably from real people, but also probably a lot of bots).

All UK retailers were in a similar boat in terms of selling out within minutes, so anyone that managed to buy one for under £300 was just very lucky I think. From what I saw there was a better chance to order from ocuk than any of the other shops too Tbf.

Soldato
Woot. It arrived. Now to replace the tiny low profile 1050ti with a slightly bigger card. Although should probably finish work first. :p

3050.jpg

Soldato
Mines at home apparently, out tonight though so probably wont get to test it, might swap the 3080 out and try the 3050 and see just how bad it is playing Warzone :D

Associate
There were other cards available to everyone too, it was only a single model at £240 which was specifically linked to for the qualifying forum members. All the £265 models and so on did go live on the website, they just got snapped up very quickly due to the demand (a lot of it probably from real people, but also probably a lot of bots).

All UK retailers were in a similar boat in terms of selling out within minutes, so anyone that managed to buy one for under £300 was just very lucky I think. From what I saw there was a better chance to order from ocuk than any of the other shops too Tbf.

I can second that. I picked one up for £270 from here, but since the site was loading a little slow, I was also trying at other websites, but they flat stopped loading, or wouldn't add the GPU to the basket or had stock at inflated prices (or didn't have any stock yesterday). Even though OCUK was slow, I did eventually manage to buy it. My PayPal account shows transaction time of 14:07, so it wasn't impossible to buy at descent prices from here from 2pm onwards.

Associate
Woot. It arrived. Now to replace the tiny low profile 1050ti with a slightly bigger card. Although should probably finish work first. :p

Congrats! Palit actually makes pretty decent budget cards, but I do wish they would make their box look slightly more premium. Or maybe they are just trying to confuse people wondering what a "35 RTX" is..

Associate
i purchased the 3050 yesterday specifically Gigabyte eagle normal edition. recieved an email saying that they overbrought. how long will it take to restock. dont mind waiting but would like to know when we would recieve as i need to upgrade from my 1050ti and i3 9100f :0

Soldato
i purchased the 3050 yesterday specifically Gigabyte eagle normal edition. recieved an email saying that they overbrought. how long will it take to restock. dont mind waiting but would like to know when we would recieve as i need to upgrade from my 1050ti and i3 9100f :0

Gibbo runs ocuk.

All 3050 back orders should be fulfilled by end of February, all board partners notified, along with NVIDIA as well to sort it out. Nothing over-sold by any huge amount, I think the Zotac over-sold by around 100 cards, the rest were less so, as such all the board partners should be able to fulfill that fingers crossed by end of February.

Soldato
Why would idiots pay £400 for these when you can get a 6600 for that price which is a MUCH better card?

Because they are idiots and just click buy because they spend all their disposable income or put it on credit?? I really never understood why people "have" to pay massively over RRP for these products.

I mean how many could just stick with what they have and drop a few settings down in the games they play? Surely after 2 years of the pandemic,people must be bored sick of being stuck on their PCs playing games?

Soldato
Just got my £239 Palit card :)

About to install it. How are folks getting on with theirs?
A few scary minutes as I got nothing, and then after a few cold boots it just decided to work. Needed the latest Nvidia drivers, but looks fine now.

Not sure why they bothered with the led under the Palit logo, it's under the power cable. :p

Man of Honour
Believe me it wont last long, my two have already gone from Gaming laptops with GTX 960's and 1050ti when they were 4/5yrs, to 2060/2060 Super to 3060ti and one is 9 and one is 12.;) My youngest has the 2060 Super from my 12 year old and already mentioned a few times he wants a 3xxx series.
Yeah my son has my hand-me down kit with a few extras bolted on and I'm now regretting selling my old 1070ti when I upgraded to 3070 as he has my 7950 that is over 10 years old powering my old 1440p screen. Hence got the 3050 to boost that a bit.

To give it it's due, providing I turn down the textures and AA to keep VRAM in check the 7950 when overclocked has actually coped not too bad with the sort of games he plays, but it's only a matter of time before he'll get fixated on a more demanding game.

Associate
Why would idiots pay £400 for these when you can get a 6600 for that price which is a MUCH better card?
I once sold a used 56K modem on Ebay. Someone else had the same model listed for a higher price than mine and even higher than it was selling for brand new at numerous retailers. It sold before mine did, despite being used and being priced higher than brand new.

I just don't think some people know there are other places you can buy this stuff. They also have no ability to critically think, is this the best deal I can find, or to even think about searching for the product to see how much it might be selling for elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom