• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Soldato
That is my setup, 2700 on a B450. I can't for the life of me get it to work. I keep getting a black screen. We have tried 3 computers today/tonight and the card worked on one only because it had integrated graphics so we could find the card, install the driver and then get the device manager to recognise that it was installed. But that's obviously not an option for the majority of Ryzen CPUs. Please help!

2700x and B450 here. It's working fine for me. I had updated the MB bios quite recently though. Previous cards with this combination were RTX 2060 and GTX 970.

Associate
I ended up canceling my RTX 3050 (that was back ordered) and got a RX 6600 earlier this week. Its here now, so going to pop it in my nephew's PC this tomorrow. It wasn't the 3050 that was £240 that I cancelled (I missed those offers), but it was one I ordered minutes after launch at a decent price, so 6600 seemd like a good deal when it was on offer.

Atleast that means if an ITX 3050 8GB (or 4gb one whenever it launches) goes on sale (at msrp) soon, I can hopefully place an order here without fear of having my order cancelled, since I wont have a 2nd one I'm waiting for.

Caporegime
I ended up canceling my RTX 3050 (that was back ordered) and got a RX 6600 earlier this week. Its here now, so going to pop it in my nephew's PC this tomorrow. It wasn't the 3050 that was £240 that I cancelled (I missed those offers), but it was one I ordered minutes after launch at a decent price, so 6600 seemd like a good deal when it was on offer.

Atleast that means if an ITX 3050 8GB (or 4gb one whenever it launches) goes on sale (at msrp) soon, I can hopefully place an order here without fear of having my order cancelled, since I wont have a 2nd one I'm waiting for.

Good call.

The RX 6600 is a much better GPU than the RTX 3050, its basically an RTX 3060 for £100 less.

Recommending the RTX 3050 for up to $450 while also pretending they are doing that for the good of consumers was the most ridiculous thing i have seen Tech Journalists do, ever. Its juts ridiculous as Bojo claiming he didn't realise those parties he attended were parties because no one told him they were parties.

mNh3yio.png

Associate
im still waiting for my 3050 gigabyte to arrive as i got the overstocked one but seeing that some of these 3050s have restocked hopefully i should get sent mine soon.
im still waiting for my 3050 gigabyte to arrive as i got the overstocked one but seeing that some of these 3050s have restocked hopefully i should get sent mine soon.
What model did you order? What time was your order placed? Ive got the eagle model, got cofirmation email that the order been places at 14:07:01 Im still waiting for mine to come. No update from OC. Shame that OC is not giving any queue updates or info about the stock arrivals.

OcUK Staff
What model did you order? What time was your order placed? Ive got the eagle model, got cofirmation email that the order been places at 14:07:01 Im still waiting for mine to come. No update from OC. Shame that OC is not giving any queue updates or info about the stock arrivals.

It was given earlier in this thread which was all the back orders should be cleared by end of this month and that has still not changed. :)

Associate
It was given earlier in this thread which was all the back orders should be cleared by end of this month and that has still not changed. :)

Litterally ordered mine at 14:07:00 and the normal eagle not the oc variant. Hoping we get it soon need the upgrade from a 1050ti :)) hoping in this week coming!

Associate
New leak by Igor suggests RTX 3050 will get a new GA107 variant with 115W TDP
https://www.igorslab.de/en/the-two-...50-8gb-different-chips-and-different-thirsts/

There is no release date yet but this new RTX 3050 GA107 model will offer slightly better power efficiency, with TDP changing from 130W (GA106) to 115W (GA107).
GA106 and GA107 GPUs are pin-compatible, meaning no design changes needs to be made by board partners, they can simply use a different processor and compatible BIOS.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
And then charge £450 a card...
It seems that we see a lot of GPU's come out after the initial batch that add very little but a huge price jump....

costs more than i paid for my NEW 1070 and is slower. got to say these deals nowadays are cracking me up :D

Associate
New leak by Igor suggests RTX 3050 will get a new GA107 variant with 115W TDP
https://www.igorslab.de/en/the-two-...50-8gb-different-chips-and-different-thirsts/

There is no release date yet but this new RTX 3050 GA107 model will offer slightly better power efficiency, with TDP changing from 130W (GA106) to 115W (GA107).
GA106 and GA107 GPUs are pin-compatible, meaning no design changes needs to be made by board partners, they can simply use a different processor and compatible BIOS.

So I guess those numbers after the model are very important.

TPU lists 3050 as having GA106-150-KA-A1 whereas 3060 has GA106-300-A1.

So this binning must all be done before final packaging as deciding on 192-bit or 128-bit and PCIe x8 or x16 has to be done before final packaging.

Igor thinks Samsung's 8nm still has poor yields even on these 276mm² parts; with Nvidia's volume it is no wonder that the 628mm² GA-102 has to many variants. GA102's shaders range from 10,752 down to 6400 (about 60%), so they don't have to waste much.

In other enws, Mining software is now finding more ways around the enw LHR locks - cars now at 16 mhash and climbing
I wouldn't worry about that, as no sane person would spend £300 to get a card which mining ETH before power gets around $0.65 per day and at $0.30 (probably below the UK average now) gets $0.22 (I have
assumed possible too optimistically that miners would be able to tune a 3050 to use 60W mining).

However as the thread "When do you think will come first to kill off Eth/GPU mining?" in the crypto sub forums shows, sane and mining don't necessarily mix. I'm sure there were respondents (note the plural) who said they'd continue to mine even at a loss so they can speculate on the price going back up. Then why not just buy coins?!

Last edited:
Caporegime
RX 6600 is the mining champ 55w for 30mhash

Don't say that too loudly, at £400 its better than all other mid range 1080P type cards, tho still too expensive but its actually worth buying at £100 cheaper than the RTX 3060 as its just as good.
---------------

Electricity costs are going up, a lot, all this will come to an end soon.

Back
Top Bottom