• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3080 lower quality capacitor Issue

As the driver seems to have fixed the issues i wonder if EVGA are kicking themselves for there delayed launch and "investigating the issue".

It was good for there marketing i guess for a shortwhile

I never had an issue with my Palit Gaming OC version of the card anyway but with the new drivers after the card warms up Im seeing higher clock speeds It did drop to 1850ish @ 71 degress, now at the same temp its hitting 2040/1950 consistently in division 2, and one other thing to note prior to these new drivers GPU was pegged @ 100% for me in Div 2, now its fluctuating from 89-95 ish %

I see in the driver thread on Reddit they are calling Jay2 basically a tit. I agree. Mind you 1.4m views for his capacitor 'story', he is laughing.

Loads of people bought 100% into the story to be fair including a good few who should know to double check stuff like this.

I think this sums it all up really :D
view

Don't need a new driver at all.

The manufacturers need to fix/replace the cards not nerf them.

As this is a NVidia screw up they really should be picking up the bill.

As buildzoid pointed out, the marketed speeds are the only speeds they need to provide and since they boosting way above that, they can do a bios update to slightly reduce clock speeds and they have then met their sales agreement.

As buildzoid pointed out, the marketed speeds are the only speeds they need to provide and since they boosting way above that, they can do a bios update to slightly reduce clock speeds and they have then met their sales agreement.

I'd be interested to see a reliably crashing card if soldering a high quality capacitor setup (like way above what you'd normally find) on there actually made a difference.

A RTX Titan can boost over 2000mhz on a good day with the right cooling and remain stable.

Even this crappy old Titan V I am using ATM which has a huge die can also boost over 2k.

My 1080ti cant do 2ghz stable, its called the silicon lottery.

The core's on Ampere are not the same as Turing, you cant assume the clock speed for different architecture's and you couldnt assume it for pascal and turing either. For both of those there was cards that couldnt do 2ghz.

Man I said this on another forum when people were mentioning capacitors; it seemed very low probability that independent teams of some of the best electrical engineers the world has to offer all made the same error on a product they’ve likely tested till dawn. Gotta love how suddenly everyone became a god damn phd and Elec eng overnight after reading a blogpost about capacitors.

Man I said this on another forum when people were mentioning capacitors; it seemed very low probability that independent teams of some of the best electrical engineers the world has to offer all made the same error on a product they’ve likely tested till dawn. Gotta love how suddenly everyone became a god damn phd and Elec eng overnight after reading a blogpost about capacitors.

Amen to that!!

Those of us with half a braincell that didn't cancel our orders are certainly laughing now

Back
Top Bottom