• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3080 ti forum codes?

Soldato
The people that have been stuck in the queues for 3080s for the last 8 months should be offered first refusal on the 3080ti's IMO.

Soldato
The people that have been stuck in the queues for 3080s for the last 8 months should be offered first refusal on the 3080ti's IMO.

That does seem the fairest, I think Gibbo was looking into the logistics of doing such a thing.

Regarding those who buy multiple cards, I don’t see the issue with buying for friends and family. I do see the issue when the cards are being bought en masse, presumably to go into a mining setup or to be spun on ebay for profit (and i’ve seen what I suspect is this happening on the MM in the past couple of weeks).

Soldato
That does seem the fairest, I think Gibbo was looking into the logistics of doing such a thing.

Regarding those who buy multiple cards, I don’t see the issue with buying for friends and family. I do see the issue when the cards are being bought en masse, presumably to go into a mining setup or to be spun on ebay for profit (and i’ve seen what I suspect is this happening on the MM in the past couple of weeks).

When the same members are continually buying up multiple GPUs off MM in a short space of time then they are either mining or trading but the problem is the mods don't have the resources to police it though and said as much when queried on the matter in a MM thread even though it does stipulate "strictly no traders" in the rules and you can't ban people unless you have solid evidence of trading which is pretty much impossible to get.

The only way would be to set a limit on the amount of Gpus that can be brought by a single member as a temporary measure during this ongoing shortage but even that's not easy to enforce.

Last edited:
Soldato

100% agree anyone in the 3080,3090 queues should get offered first refusal on the 3080TI and then down the Nvidia preorders like 3070,3060 etc.

Before someone asks, I'm not in any preorder queue and have the cards I need now, for myself and for family. So only fair the people waiting all these months and have paid so far for their preorder get a chance to buy the 3080ti before they get put up for general sale. Of course with the understanding they will have to pay the difference for the 3080ti from their original preorder.

Associate
Been waiting for a 3000 card since I built this system last year March and I still cannot get one. So I am bemused by those that do have one still want another one!

Soldato
Only people I see squealing are folk that didn't want to pay much over the imaginary MSRP and thought all 3080's were going to be £650.

Unlucky if you have a job that means you cant respond to alerts but you can't please everyone, but you could have joined a queue on day zero of release - albeit some of the biggest queue's. 3080 queue'ers maybe could be offered 3080ti upgrades first.

If OP can get hold of stuff and pays like everyone else then fair enough - he can do what he likes with it - he's a gamer - prepared to spend a lot of cash on a 3080ti (albeit not much perf upgrade) but if for his son then no problem. Maybe his mate TooTall has a job he can't get to alerts quickly, or indeed the MM so Griffin stepped in. I imagine the grief he's got he won't be selling on the MM now as he'll not want to sell to a greifer. So he'll probably flip it elsewhere if not for his son.

Basically folk whinging because they are too slow at MM or discord alerts whom should have got in early and paid a bit over MSRP in Oct/Nov 2020. Literally nothing to argue against if you are too slow in the MM. And fair play to those selling in there under the rules of no profit - plenty have.

Most purchases are luck of the draw - so Nvidia website folk on here are still managing to get them at RRP. The entitlement these days is staggering. I want it NOW and at the cheapest PRICE!

Lots of things were scalped in the pandemic - if you didn't get in front of the curve then get in line or get yer wallet out. If you are a true enthusiast then you would have seen it early on. Too many newbies squealing on here.

People have gotten more than one by just using the current choices of alerts - so you are either doing it wrong -wrong alerts, are too slow or didn't set up an account with payment details prior so missed out, or are attempting to do it over a mobile network. You snooze - you lose.

Back
Top Bottom