• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 12GB, is it Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you should have debunk sig creds now. All trolls have them.

From witnessing past locks threads on similar debates, it was users feedback taken over all these influencers. So when it suits its ok to reference HU.

You mean like exactly what you do :cry:

"well done tim/steve for showing the 8gb issues in broken games*"

*which are now fixed

"can't believe tim dare state dlss be better than native in some games, really show as being amateur"

:cry:

Yes, but no, it was a free upgrade, it's not even up for debate anymore with clowns telling me I'm doing it wrong with 8Gb...

8Gb is smoked by this point.

Case in point again :cry:

Doesn't matter if a free upgrade or not, all bark and no bite you nvidia hater lot :cry: Why not whinge at amd as clearly they aren't providing you with alternative options lol

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
The whole 8gb nonsense makes me think people here are too young. Very, very young. They don't remember or never experienced how things were back in those "Great PC gaming times". GPUs were struggling day one. Im talking HIGH end GPUs were struggling day one. "Oh yes, but the high end GPus cost 500-600€". Sure they did. And they aged much worse than anything today. Including 8gb nvidia cards.

Let's take a look at the 6970hd. Top end card, only costing 400€. The moment it was released, it was averaging below 25 fps on games of it's time at normal resolutions. Metro 2033 completely killed the card. Im not even going to talk about games 2-3 years later, it will not look pretty. But today, we expect mid range cards to max out EVERYTHING 2-3 years after their launch. Yeah right okay, seems legit.

It wasn't unheard of back then, to buy a high end card, go back home, install the latest game, put everything on ultra and end up below 30 fps. Not uncommon at all.

Last edited:
But in all seriousness, what is it with you vocal nvidia hating lot, cry about vram for years and how it is awful nvidia get away with it yet you all keep on buying the most controversial gpus for it i.e. 970, 3070 and now 4070, it's like a sketch from monty python :cry: If nvidia come out next time with less vram i.e. like the 3080 to 2080ti, I put money on it, you'll whinge about that yet still go ahead and buy it :cry:

Anyway, I'm done, the sun is shining, enjoy the bickering folks and enjoy the 4070 12gb vram tommy :cry:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
It's a special tribe they got going. Hate on Nvidia, big up AMD, proceed to buy Nvidia :cry:
The only logical conclusion is - they love nvidia - but they want everyone else to buy amd so they can get their nvidia gpus cheaper. I know a person from this very forum, trashtalks nvidia all day, proceeds to buy 5x3090s. Yeah, okay. Checks out

You mean like exactly what you do :cry:

"well done tim/steve for showing the 8gb issues in broken games*"

*which are now fixed

"can't believe tim dare state dlss be better than native in some games, really show as being amateur"

Case in point again :cry:

Doesn't matter if a free upgrade or not, all bark and no bite you nvidia hater lot :cry: Why not whinge at amd as clearly they aren't providing you with alternative options lol
Actually they are... it's called an RX 6950XT for 600. Maybe not the most amazing deal compared to what we all really want to have happened but still better IMHO than what the "dream team" green is offering around that price point

Actually they are... it's called an RX 6950XT for 600. Maybe not the most amazing deal compared to what we all really want to have happened but still better IMHO than what the "dream team" green is offering around that price point
The 6950xt struggles playing 1080p at 3year old games. Not the greatest of choices.

Don't tell me that, tell the nvidia haters who keep on buying nvidia :cry:

The 6950xt struggles playing 1080p at 3year old games. Not the greatest of choices.
You gotta be joking right ? :p

Don't tell me that, tell the nvidia haters who keep on buying nvidia
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.. a smart guy said something like that once I believe :)

Last edited:
You gotta be joking right ? :p
Mostly, yeah. But that's the argument people like keefer are using when they are trying to poop in nvidia cards. "8gb vram not enough for max settings". Completely neglecting that even 16gb are not enough for max settings, since a 6950xt approaches single digits in something like the 3 year old cyberpunk. Was just trying to showcase how stupid of an argument it it :D

@Nexus18 if you don't know what QD-Oled brings over 60Hz blurriness, why'd you go QD-Oled UW?

Why not just buy a cheaper non QD-Oled uw monitor and put that cash towards Ada that you promised the forum 10gb didn't matter as you were going Ada anyway?

Criticism towards **** vram isn't hating bhoys and ghirls, it's fact, wonder how football teams survive getting all that criticism from their own fans despite being anywhere but 1st....

Shoosshh my NV brothers and sisters, don't mention the vram!

And whatever you say don't mention you prefer native on one of the best panels on the planet ....

Last edited:
What I find insane is the fact you find the same people responding to trolls/fanboy's. It's like a fire stop adding fuel and it will go out eventually.

Well, off to test a secret alpha version of DLSS4 on my Nvidia Riva 128 4MB, apparently it'll allow CP2077 to run in CGA mode with full RT and no jaggies. :D

Last edited:
It's a special tribe they got going. Hate on Nvidia, big up AMD, proceed to buy Nvidia :cry:

There is even a more unique,special tribe full of gifted people,special handshakes and all.

Its called the "whether you own AMD or Nvidia,yOu MuSt HaTe Nvidia club".

Its closely aligned to the "whether you own Mac or PC,yOu MuSt HaTe Apple club".

Looking at the collapse in dGPU sales,I can surmise:
1.)Everybody hates Nvidia
2.)Everybody hates AMD
3.)Intel - what they make graphics cards?

What I find insane is the fact you find the same people responding to trolls/fanboy's. It's like a fire stop adding fuel and it will go out eventually.

Well, off to test a secret alpha version of DLSS4 on my Nvidia Riva 128 4MB, apparently it'll allow CP2077 to run in CGA mode with full RT and no jaggies. :D

Now they can't win arguments,its now become an emotional attack apparently. Maybe they are beta testing a new Nvidia feature like a Focus Group? AI assisted emtional support.

Wonder if people can take their emotional support GPU on the plane with them?

Last edited:
@Nexus18 if you don't know what QD-Oled brings over 60Hz blurriness, why'd you go QD-Oled UW?

Why not just buy a cheaper non QD-Oled uw monitor and put that cash towards Ada that you promised the forum 10gb didn't matter as you were going Ada anyway?

Criticism towards **** vram isn't hating bhoys and ghirls, it's fact, wonder how football teams survive getting all that criticism from their own fans despite being anywhere but 1st....

Shoosshh my NV brothers and sisters, don't mention the vram!

And whatever you say don't mention you prefer native on one of the best panels on the planet ....

It sounds like you don't know what qd-oled brings over even woled.... You do realise panel type and refresh rate are 2 completey different things..... :o As for the direct question, pretty simple why I went with the 34" qd-oled

- first oled (especially qd-oled) consumer targetted "monitor" to the market, I don't want a "tv" on my desk
- it cost me about £600 after I stacked discounts, not bad considering getting qd-oled 175hz 3440x1440 when a 2560x1440 lcd 144+hz 27/32" "HDR" monitors were costing close to 2k

As for the advantages the qd-oled has over woled, I'm not going to list everything, if you want this, go and watch vincent/hdtv test or even hubs videos but main things for me were:

- hdr output is superior
- less blue emitting light thus better for your eyes
- no banding whatsoever even on the 5 and 10% grey slides

Not sure why this is relevant???? Again none of these pros of the panel type has anything to do with the output of upscaling tech like you have been insinuating, upscaling quality is largely down to res. ppi and your viewing distance and again, the higher your res. the better upscaling tech works.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and constant gurning about it or rather ******** the bed like you do every time a game comes out saying it will need more than 8/10/12gb vram and preaching about how bad they are only to then go and vote with your wallet by saying this is actually ok, obviously it's not a series issue given you keep buying the gpus i.e. 970, 2070 (?), 3070, 3080 and now 4070 :cry: If it was such an issue like you keep making out and how bad upscaling tech/dlss is like you keep going on about, you wouldn't be buying the products or maybe you just enjoy putting yourself through such a miserable experience :cry:

There is even a more unique,special tribe full of gifted people,special handshakes and all.

Its called the "whether you own AMD or Nvidia,yOu MuSt HaTe Nvidia club".

Its closely aligned to the "whether you own Mac or PC,yOu MuSt HaTe Apple club".

Looking at the collapse in dGPU sales,I can surmise:
1.)Everybody hates Nvidia
2.)Everybody hates AMD
3.)Intel - what they make graphics cards?

Now they can't win arguments,its now become an emotional attack apparently. Maybe they are beta testing a new Nvidia feature,Focus Group style? AI assisted emtional support.

Wonder if people can take their emotional support GPU on the plane with them?

People should be hating the ones not bringing competition rather than blaming the ones who are leading the market.... If we had competition, we wouldn't be in this mess of the dgpu market e.g. see our boi tommy again, gurns about nvidia at every turn and their business practices with closed source software yet he keeps on buying nvidia.... same as you with buying nvidia over amd/consoles..... maybe if amd or intel provided better solutions or sony/microsoft provided better consoles, people would buy their hardware instead? But no, it's nvidias fault for were we are :cry:

Victim mentality is a real thing chaps.

I'll give it to gpuerilla though, at least he has stuck to the 3090 and not caved into ada, can't say the same for the others though :cry: Maybe gpuerilla will reap the rewards of more vram at some point in the future and that extra £750 will finally pay of.

Oh and on this point tommy:

I said by the time I am having issues with a 3080, it will be the lack of grunt and I'll be upgrading for more grunt and guess what, grunt is the first thing to impact me but not enough to make me go out and pay for ada, certainly not for a 4070 :cry: At this point 3080 still doing very well for my needs/wants and no issues with vram on my end, maybe next year? By which stage, I'll likely pick up a cheap second hand 4090 or hopefully a 5080 will be sensibly priced.

It sounds like you don't know what qd-oled brings over even woled.... You do realise panel type and refresh rate are 2 completey different things..... :o As for the direct question, pretty simple why I went with the 34" qd-oled

- first oled (especially qd-oled) consumer targetted "monitor" to the market, I don't want a "tv" on my desk
- it cost me about £600 after I stacked discounts, not bad considering getting qd-oled 175hz 3440x1440 when a 2560x1440 lcd 144+hz 27/32" "HDR" monitors were costing close to 2k

As for the advantages the qd-oled has over woled, I'm not going to list everything, if you want this, go and watch vincent/hdtv test or even hubs videos but main things for me were:

- hdr output is superior
- less blue emitting light thus better for your eyes
- no banding whatsoever even on the 5 and 10% grey slides

Not sure why this is relevant???? Again none of these pros of the panel type has anything to do with the output of upscaling tech like you have been insinuating, upscaling quality is largely down to res. ppi and your viewing distance and again, the higher your res. the better upscaling tech works.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and constant gurning about it or rather ******** the bed like you do every time a game comes out saying it will need more than 8/10/12gb vram and preaching about how bad they are only to then go and vote with your wallet by saying this is actually ok, obviously it's not a series issue given you keep buying the gpus i.e. 970, 2070 (?), 3070, 3080 and now 4070 :cry: If it was such an issue like you keep making out and how bad upscaling tech/dlss is like you keep going on about, you wouldn't be buying the products or maybe you just enjoy putting yourself through such a miserable experience :cry:

People should be hating the ones not bringing competition rather than blaming the ones who are leading the market.... If we had competition, we wouldn't be in this mess of the dgpu market e.g. see our boi tommy again, gurns about nvidia at every turn and their business practices with closed source software yet he keeps on buying nvidia.... same as you with buying nvidia over amd/consoles..... maybe if amd or intel provided better solutions or sony/microsoft provided better consoles, people would buy their hardware instead? But no, it's nvidias fault for were we are :cry:

Victim mentality is a real thing chaps.
It's obnoxious cause they call me a nvidia shill but I'm praying day and night that all of the people ******** on nvidia buy amd so I can buy nvidia cheaper. But nope, they keep paying the Leatherman even though, in their opinion, he offers ****** products. Wtf is going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom