• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 12GB, is it Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is also cowardice from so called hardware reviewers.

I'm not even joking.

Its not just the hardware vendors themselves looking after their own interest to the most extreme.
What is happening here is a perfect storm, a perfect storm always involves more than one element.
Reviewers have to walk a fine line between criticism and blacklisting. But it's ultimately upto people to do their own research before reading into hype,be it new hardware or software.

Reviewers have to walk a fine line between criticism and blacklisting. But it's ultimately upto people to do their own research before reading into hype,be it new hardware or software.

and blacklisting

Yeah....

But it's ultimately upto people to do their own research

One gets a negative review because its over priced and bad value the other gets a natural review for being pretty much exactly the same but the real difference is.......

blacklisting

Lets all do that so everyone comes up with the same result when "researching"

That is how we level the playing filed, right?

Last edited:
Yeah....

One gets a negative review because its over priced and bad value the other gets a natural review for being pretty much exactly the same but the real difference is.......

Lets all do that so everyone comes up with the same result when "researching"

That is how we level the playing filed, right?

Ultimately the reality is the only reviewers who can really speak their mind,are those who have enough other sources of income,so they can buy their own parts,or are part of big media groups who the tech companies can't push around as much. At any one time Nvidia,Intel or even AMD have fallen out with certain reviewers. The same as AIB partners with reviewers independent of the big hardware companies.Its the same in other areas outside PC parts.

Performance numbers are in the charts as is the pricing. People can then look at the previous generation,etc. It's what I have done for decades.

If people just fast forward to the summary without reading charts,or don't do their own research then they are doing themselves a disservice. If people want to pre-order hardware or software that is the same risk you are taking.

Last edited:
Ultimately the reality is the only reviewers who can really speak their mind,are those who have enough other sources of income,so they can buy their own parts,or are part of big media groups who the tech companies can't push around as much. At any one time Nvidia,Intel or even AMD have fallen out with certain reviewers. The same as AIB partners with reviewers independent of the big hardware companies.Its the same in other areas outside PC parts.

Performance numbers are in the charts as is the pricing. People can then look at the previous generation,etc. It's what I have done for decades. If they just fast forward to the summary without reading charts,or don't do their own research then they are doing themselves a disservice.

The reason i'm vocal about it is because its a part of the machinery of the problem.

I'm just never going to accept it as the new normal in the same way i'm never going to accept a relentless pushing up of margins of these products at our relentlessly increasing literal expense. Because they are intrinsically linked. Its part of the design.

Last edited:
The reason i'm vocal about it is because its a part of the machinery of the problem.

I'm just never going to accept it as the new normal in the same way i'm never going to accept a relentless pushing up of margins of these products at our relentlessly increasing literality expense. Because they are intrinsically linked.

But the issue if someone paid last generation £400,to go from 40FPS to 60FPS in their favourite game from their previous £400 card,and now spends £600,to go from 60FPS to 90FPS from that last card after three years,they should be able to compute price/performance hasn't improved. Consumers need to also try to educate themselves too. I think the reduction in dGPU sales,might have indicated enough people are voting with their pocket and don't like the pricing. The Pandemic and Mining excuses can't be used anymore,and even those two reasons were just opportunist greed,so I actually didn't pay above RRP for any PC part during the pandemic.

Last edited:
I remember that argument. I was so angry with myself afterwards, because it was only then that I realised that it was a stupid argument. It was one of those debates where there really was no right or wrong answer just two different opinions. Normally I stay pretty calm, however you really got under my skin that day :p Not sure why as I never had a an argument with you before that. And I think all your posts are common sense not swayed by any particular brand. I didn't post much in the VRam debate threads as yourself and Woodsta were saying what I would have said anyway.

Blocking someone you had a disagreement with is childish though. You are right, it would be very boring place if we all agreed all the time. And there are going to be arguments. I even had to apologise to Lambchop after an argument where he was right and I was wrong. That was hard!! :p We didn't block each other though.

There are only 3 or 4 posters whose posts I consider totally useless. You mentioned one. Him ignoring you is no great loss.

My post to Humbug was a bit harsh. I probably should not have said he was one of the worst posters ever. But glad you enjoyed it and it felt good writing it too :D

Ah man. Lambchop. That guy would wind me up a little with some of his posts also back in the day. Not seen him in a long time though.

The one I miss most on the forum is Gregster. I used to enjoy his posts where he would try and convince others and maybe himself that he was not an Nvidia fanboy. Oh and I never forget his famous line "it's my money, I worked hard for it and will spend it as I see fit" that would get rolled out when people would try and grill him a little for buying 3 titans or 2080 Ti :cry:

All good fun imo. But some just take it too seriously like humbug and gpuerrila. Shame :)

But the issue if someone paid last generation £400,to go from 40FPS to 60FPS in their favourite game from their previous £400 card,and now spends £600,to go from 60FPS to 90FPS from that last card after three,they should be able to compute price/performance hasn't improved. Consumers need to also try to educate themselves too. I think the reduction in dGPU sales,might have indicated enough people are voting with their pocket and don't like the pricing. The Pandemic and Mining excuses can't be used anymore,and even those two reasons were just opportunist greed,so I actually didn't pay above RRP for any PC part during the pandemic.

The situation you're describing in not what is going on.

The 4070 is better value than the 3070, you're getting more frames per cost, about 5%, so its all good, no reason to criticize it.

The 7900XT is better vale than the 6800XT, you're more frames per cost, about 5%........ mm/

The new normal.

The situation you're describing in not what is going on.

The 4070 is better value than the 3070, you're getting more frames per cost, about 5%, so its all good, no reason to criticize it.

The 7900XT is better vale than the 6800XT, you're more frames per cost, about 5%........ mm/

The new normal.

Shrugs,if people want to fool themselves into paying much more for the same performance jumps they got last generation then ultimately they have loose purse strings. Even amongst my gaming mates who don't really follow hardware they wouldn't be caught out by this.

Last edited:
Shrugs,if people want to fool themselves into paying much more for the same performance jumps they got last generation then ultimately they have loose purse strings. Even amongst my gaming mates who don't really follow hardware,they wouldn't be caught out by this.

Well some people don't, as you say, but many others will, because they watch Youtube reviews to be told what to buy, that at the very least is Nvidia's thinking.

Their financial results are coming up at some point not too long from now, Nvidia think they know and understand their consumer base, i'm not betting against them, we will soon know.

Well some people don't, as you say, but many others will, because they watch Youtube reviews to be told what to buy, that at the very least is Nvidia's thinking.

Their financial results are coming up at some point not too long from now, Nvidia think they know and understand their consumer base, i'm not betting against them, we will soon know.

They have replaced the overpriced Ampere dGPUs with overpriced Ada Lovelace dGPUs. It will be interesting if the margins go up(or stay flat).

Unless, I do a tommy and try to max everything out and don't use dlss/fsr (ignoring that even ada and rdna 3 are ******** the bed due to lack of grunt in these scenarios) on launch day versions for well regarded broken games i.e.

3TvN32F.png

Damn that pesky vram!!!!
lou.png

lou2.png

When you learn you can't idiot proof anything for some.

Ok and tell me how does the game perform now with the latest patch ;)

Oh and are you using dlss? Or are you sacrificing settings just to use native and end up with worse iq overall?
With grunt in the tank it's still vram limited running 10Gb on the latest patch.

When you run 65" QD-OLED and see/don't see the DLSS artifacts for yourself, come back and discuss when you have something your end to compare.

With grunt in the tank it's still vram limited running 10Gb on the latest patch.

When you run 65" QD-OLED and see/don't see the DLSS artifacts for yourself, come back and discuss when you have something your end to compare.

LOL!

So yeah, a case of damn that pesky vram when even a 4090 can't hold a locked 60 at 4k native :cry: Never change tommy my boi :D

PS.

I game at 4k on my lg oled 55" too and game runs fine with dlss maxed now, shall I upload a video or will that be disregarded too like all my other videos that debunk BS :cry: Guessing all the sites that have shown where dlss is better than native don't count either even though some of them are the go to for claiming vram issues, narrative though eh.... will give you the point though that with one of the recent patches, it has broken AA for dlss but still, beats native any day of the week.

EDIT:

And just to correct you here too, having used multiple displays of different res. any artifacts with dlss or even native are in fact more noticeable at lower res. hence why FSR is only tolerable in my experience at 4k with the UQ preset where as it is not usable for 3440x1440. RDR 2 is a perfect example for this. Hence also why upscaling to a higher res. i.e. using DLDSR reduces artifacts for DLSS/FSR too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom