• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 12GB, is it Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry....they can review console games!

Kotaku being putting out wild stuff

I kid you not; the same writer who wrote the article saying pc gaming is dying and pc gamers can only blame themselves is the same guy who wrote an article on Kotaku how to do Nintendo emulation - Nintendo didn't like that and then the writer posted a message on Twitter with a picture of an American ww2 fighter plane and a message saying Japanese culture should be killed off

Last edited:
Kotaku being putting out wild stuff

I kid you not; the same writer who wrote the article saying pc gaming is dying and pc gamers can only blame themselves is the same guy who wrote an article on Kotaku how to do Nintendo emulation - Nintendo didn't like that and then the writer posted a message on Twitter of an American ww2 plane and said the Japanese culture should be killed

LOLWTF.

So yeah, a case of damn that pesky vram when even a 4090 can't hold a locked 60 at 4k native :cry: Never change tommy my boi :D

You want his 7900XTX running native@60+ too?

Another one debunked eh?

Guessing all the sites that have shown where dlss is better than native don't count either even though some of them are the go to for claiming vram issues, narrative though eh.... will give you the point though that with one of the recent patches, it has broken AA for dlss but still, beats native any day of the week.
TLOU_dlss_v_native.png

And another one debunked?

Unless, I do a tommy and try to max everything out and don't use dlss/fsr (ignoring that even ada and rdna 3 are ******** the bed due to lack of grunt in these scenarios) on launch day versions for well regarded broken games i.e.

Remember this when you wrongly claimed I max everything out only to be corrected that I don't max everything out, I use mixed settings native?

Just because you need to use max settings DLSS to convince yourself it's better than native because it saves vram, because youv'e not upgraded like you always said you would nothing wrong with that, but that's your opinion, many agree, many don't.

One things for sure:

leia.png

According to our resident expert, the issues are more noticeable at higher res on a bigger screen with dlss artifacting....

And what position are you in to disprove that with an old 55" 60Hz oled?

How do you know DLSS doesn't artifact on a larger flagship 65" 1500 nit QD-Oled 2022 screen?

Another one to debunk.

Edit:
And what would you say if I told you TLOU can play higher settings on a (slower@4K)4070 than a 3080FE@4K?

And you are never ever ever going to believe this one, it's a belter:

(slower@4K)4070 FC6 max+HD pack doesn't slideshow whereas my 3080FE does!

mic-drop.gif

Can you debunk that one too?:p

Oh and the best bit for last, the 4070 was bought through the business, swapped out and replaced with my 3070!:D

Last edited:

You want his 7900XTX running native@60+ too?

Another one debunked eh?

TLOU_dlss_v_native.png

And another one debunked?

Remember this when you wrongly claimed I max everything out only to be corrected that I don't max everything out, I use mixed settings native?

Just because you need to use max settings DLSS to convince yourself it's better than native because it saves vram, because youv'e not upgraded like you always said you would nothing wrong with that, but that's your opinion, many agree, many don't.

One things for sure:

leia.png

And what position are you in to disprove that with an old 55" 60Hz oled?

How do you know DLSS doesn't artifact on a larger flagship 65" 1500 nit QD-Oled 2022 screen?

Another one to debunk.

Edit:
And what would you say if I told you TLOU can play higher settings on a (slower@4K)4070 than a 3080FE@4K?

And you are never ever ever going to believe this one, it's a belter:

(slower@4K)4070 FC6 max+HD pack doesn't slideshow whereas my 3080FE does!

mic-drop.gif

Can you debunk that one too?:p

Oh and the best bit for last, the 4070 was bought through the business, swapped out and replaced with my 3070!:D

LMAO!

Lets take the least demanding area of tlou and the most powerful best hardware which is oc to the max to try and prove a point.... Go and look in the pc game thread and you will see plenty of people with 4090s posting about fps drops i.e. not holding a locked 60+ later on in the game, of course, is very likely fixed now since last patch improved perf. considerably but apparently it is never the game devs fault though.... so it is a miracle it performs better with game patches :eek:

As for hub testing of dlss, you do realise tim didn't update dlss file to be the 2.5.1 or above version and all his complaints would have been resolved if he did this i.e. these games would have had dlss being picked as being better:

- god of war
- spiderman
- rdr 2
- deathloop
- f1 22
- witcher 3

All using older versions of dlss but again this:

3TvN32F.png

Damn DLSS!!!!!!

PS. Just one example for rdr 2:

Also, he never mentioned if he turned off post processing effects which causes issues such as shown in spiderman, again, if you choose to use effects that harm IQ, that's your fault.

@TNA correct me if I'm wrong but don't we see tommy gurning about vram when a new game comes out and turns out he is trying to max the game out and not use upscaling tech. despite the most recent gpus needing to use upscaling too with max settings at 4k? :cry:

You can check every single post of mine and you will see I have always said I use dlss even when no need for it because:

- better temporal stability i.e. less shimmering, less aliasing, less jaggies especially in motion. Again, the last of us 2nd last patch broke aa for dlss so not exactly a great eample to use when something is clearly broken but narrative....

Especially using DLSS with DLDSR if there is performance left on the table as the IQ is superior to native.

It's not rocket science.

Old 55" tv? You do realise when it comes to upscaling tech. the only thing that impacts it and your perception of such issues is res. viewing distance and PPI of your display, could be argued a matte vs glossy finish too but not the type of panel and certainly not the brightness :o :cry: Come on Tommy, you should know this given how long you have been in the scene for :cry:

Read anywhere, heck even in the HUB video linked, upscaling tech works better with higher res. as in, any issues there are, are less noticeable since the more pixels/higher res. you provide, the better upscaling tech can work. Again not rocket science.

Wait a minute, you bought a 3070 in the end?! LOL!!!!! (don't care if through business or not, it's still a sale to the big bad Jenson) "how dare nvidia provide only 12gb vram on a £500+ gpu, how dare they charge a premium, unbelievable we have to pay for closed source software, they are evil!!!!" *here you go jenson, don't worry about lube this time*

Stolen but tbf, you did also buy a 4090 at one point too :cry:

nAt5Dd8h.png.jpg

All bark and no bite you nvidia haters :cry:

Last edited:
LMAO!

Lets take the least demanding area of tlou and the most powerful best hardware which is oc to the max to try and prove a point.... Go and look in the pc game thread and you will see plenty of people with 4090s posting about fps drops i.e. not holding a locked 60+ later on in the game, of course, is very likely fixed now since last patch improved perf. considerably but apparently it is never the game devs fault though.... so it is a miracle it performs better with game patches :eek:

As for hub testing of dlss, you do realise tim didn't update dlss file to be the 2.5.1 or above version and all his complaints would have been resolved if he did this i.e. these games would have had dlss being picked as being better:

- god of war
- spiderman
- rdr 2
- deathloop
- f1 22
- witcher 3

All using older versions of dlss but again this:

3TvN32F.png

Damn DLSS!!!!!!

PS. Just one example for rdr 2:

Also, he never mentioned if he turned off post processing effects which causes issues such as shown in spiderman, again, if you choose to use effects that harm IQ, that's your fault.

@TNA correct me if I'm wrong but don't we see tommy gurning about vram when a new game comes out and turns out he is trying to max the game out and not use upscaling tech. despite the most recent gpus needing to use upscaling too with max settings at 4k? :cry:

You can check every single post of mine and you will see I have always said I use dlss even when no need for it because:

- better temporal stability i.e. less shimmering, less aliasing, less jaggies especially in motion. Again, the last of us 2nd last patch broke aa for dlss so not exactly a great eample to use when something is clearly broken but narrative....

Especially using DLSS with DLDSR if there is performance left on the table as the IQ is superior to native.

It's not rocket science.

Old 55" tv? You do realise when it comes to upscaling tech. the only thing that impacts it and your perception of such issues is res. viewing distance and PPI of your display, could be argued a matte vs glossy finish too but not the type of panel and certainly not the brightness :o :cry: Come on Tommy, you should know this given how long you have been in the scene for :cry:

Read anywhere, heck even in the HUB video linked, upscaling tech works better with higher res. as in, any issues there are, are less noticeable since the more pixels/higher res. you provide, the better upscaling tech can work. Again not rocket science.

Wait a minute, you bought a 3070 in the end?! LOL!!!!! (don't care if through business or not, it's still a sale to the big bad Jenson) "how dare nvidia provide only 12gb vram on a £500+ gpu, how dare they charge a premium, unbelievable we have to pay for closed source software, they are evil!!!!" *here you go jenson, don't worry about lube this time*

Stolen but tbf, you did also buy a 4090 at one point too :cry:

nAt5Dd8h.png.jpg

All bark and no bite you nvidia haters :cry:

Bangs on and on about Nvidia bad, vram bad. Makes a 12GB thread for a wind up which gets locked. Then what does he do?

Buys an Nvidia card with 12GB of vram :cry:

LMFAO

You are comparing an old 60Hz TV vs newer superior output.

'Show me a 4090 running locked 60 fps'

'but his PC is oc'ed'

yet 4090s and 7900XTX's can play over 60fps native.

'but but he made a troll thread that showed minimum requirements on new games that queried 12Gb, and swapped a 3070 out for a 4070 for free anyway, how dare you..

But but but I'll use only the positive data of Tim's findings.

But he didn't swap out DLSS files and I'll TOTALLY IGNORE THE NATIVES>DLSS in TLOU.

It's only one game....

You need more system ram...

User error...

em nope, you talk ***** it always was lack of vram!

I've always said you pay a premium for DLSS so it better be good, it's yourself that goes absolutely Tonto on how you want a refund on free AMD features.

Don't worry, I'll keep my eye on 12Gb for ya.

No doubt DLSS will keep your 3080 going for years mate, or you can run it 1080p on UW, your choice.

Last edited:
hardware unboxed voted dlss for tlou at 1440p yet my experience is the opposite ? I have the latest DLSS file played with sharpness, the shimmering is all over the place really isnt hard to look for it compared to native

Think you should have debunk sig creds now. All trolls have them.

hardware unboxed voted dlss for tlou at 1440p yet my experience is the opposite ? I have the latest DLSS file played with sharpness, the shimmering is all over the place really isnt hard to look for it compared to native

From witnessing past locks threads on similar debates, it was users feedback taken over all these influencers. So when it suits its ok to reference HU.

From witnessing past locks threads on similar debates, it was users feedback taken over all these influencers. So when it suits its ok to reference HU.
Totally agree. When hwunboxed uses - on purpose - settings to make nvidia 8gb cards stutter, they get referenced like crazy by the usual crowd. When it tests dlss and finds it better than native, nah it can't be true.

Yes, but no, it was a free upgrade, it's not even up for debate anymore with clowns telling me I'm doing it wrong with 8Gb...

8Gb is smoked by this point.

Then we get an RTX4060/RTX4060TI/RX7600XT 8GB! One year later we can dlss/fsr/xess at 720p on a 1080p monitor. Better than reality(tm) rendering!

i-dont-see-the-point-whats-the-point.gif

Last edited:
Then we get an RTX4060/RTX4060TI/RX7600XT 8GB! One year later we can dlss/fsr/xess at 720p on a 1080p monitor. Better than reality(tm) rendering!

We also had a cohort that were going to upgrade to the 4070 from their 3080's as it would be cheaper and run faster.. that's 2.5years of progression for you! Looks like the 4070 came up short.. thanks nvidia.

Yes, but no, it was a free upgrade, it's not even up for debate anymore with clowns telling me I'm doing it wrong with 8Gb...

8Gb is smoked by this point.
What do you mean it was a free upgrade?

My 8gb 3060ti is alive and kicking. It's doing amazing actually at 3440x1440p. I don't ever remember, in the history of gpus, a midrange 2 year old card doing that well in new games

Last edited:
LMFAO

You are comparing an old 60Hz TV vs newer superior output.

'Show me a 4090 running locked 60 fps'

'but his PC is oc'ed'

yet 4090s and 7900XTX's can play over 60fps native.

'but but he made a troll thread that showed minimum requirements on new games that queried 12Gb, and swapped a 3070 out for a 4070 for free anyway, how dare you..

But but but I'll use only the positive data of Tim's findings.

But he didn't swap out DLSS files and I'll TOTALLY IGNORE THE NATIVES>DLSS in TLOU.

It's only one game....

You need more system ram...

User error...

em nope, you talk ***** it always was lack of vram!

I've always said you pay a premium for DLSS so it better be good, it's yourself that goes absolutely Tonto on how you want a refund on free AMD features.

Don't worry, I'll keep my eye on 12Gb for ya.

No doubt DLSS will keep your 3080 going for years mate, or you can run it 1080p on UW, your choice.

Again what relevance does:

- refresh rate
- panel type
- brightness
- how new/old a display is

Have on upscaling quality?

Or are all the experts and documentation by both amd, intel and nvidia completely wrong? Have you got any evidence to say that such things impact the upscaling?

I am fortunate to have both a 55 oled 4k and 3440x1440 175hz qd-oled display side by side so can judge myself exactly what is what, again, only time I can tolerate FSR is with 4k or when using DLDSR on my 3440x1440 as it renders at a higher res.

Last time I seen one his setup showoff videos, the guy had some kind of mad watercooling setup hooked up to a house window i.e. dumping heat out the window and he clearly has paid top dollar for nothing but the very best for every component and fine tuned it like crazy so yeah I would kind of expect him to be getting better than 98% of others.....

Only one that has diarrhoea on here is you and your constant gurning about nvidia and vram :cry:

You're the one who makes a big song and dance about how great amd are for the community for providing a "free" option, even though it is **** and most people probably try not to use it whenever possible :cry:

When my 3080 struggles in games I care for, that is when I'll upgrade, I sure as hell won't be buying a 4070 though :D

But don't worry I am thoroughly looking forward to reading another 2-3 years of crying only for you to end up buying the next nvidia gpu, maybe you'll have 24gb vram by then though :cry:

As mentioned a few times now, that's because a patch broke aa for dlss, think hubs testing is before that patch.

I haven't launched TLOU for a while now but replacing dlss with 2.5.1 version was better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom