Rugby union?

Soldato
England have a new coach but still picking a number of players who were great once but are now well past their best at International level- Farrell, Genge, Sinckler, Ludlum, Vunipola and George.
Genge, Sinckler? They are still quality players. Ludlum has never performed at international level. Vunipola and George are getting there.

The problem is we *don't* have any outstanding better replacements. The English Premiership is a comedy mess of mediocrity at the moment.

Dombrandt is incredible when he's playing off Smith, but you lose all the benefits of his pace and athleticism when you have Farrell at 10.

The only really standout players we have at the moment are Steward and Jack Willis.

We'll get smashed by France and Ireland, deservedly so. The RFU and Premiership Rugby deserve the blame for allowing the domestic game to become such a shambles.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Genge, Sinckler? They are still quality players. Ludlum has never performed at international level. Vunipola and George are getting there.

Former yes they are good, maybe they are not in form. I thought Ludlum had a good game against Wales as did Steward. Both Vunipola's I cant see what they bring tbh, neither had great games in recent past. Smith should be starting and Farrell on bench, his kicking is terrible lately.

Soldato
England have a new coach but still picking a number of players who were great once but are now well past their best at International level- Farrell, Genge, Sinckler, Ludlum, Vunipola and George.
Not sure about that. Genge and Ludlum have both been solid inmy opinion, George and Sinckler I could take or leave right now - I don't follow club rugby enough to have a strong opinion on who'd do a better job. Farrell is an odd one, him being captain is perhaps making him immune to being benched with his questionable form (especially around kicking). I'd agree with Vunipola though, and add Dan Cole to that list. England's biggest issue right now seems to be the props on the bench just being so far off the pace outside of a set piece.

Going to be interesting to see how the next 2 games pan out. I think Ireland will beat England pretty comfortably, but I think the France game could be interesting - they've not been playing to their best level this 6 Nations.

Associate
My issue with Genge and Sinckler is that they are both meatheads - multiple penalties given away each match and I think there are better players who just dont get picked.

I agree VRR should be in the side and playing. I get Farrell is the captain etc but he is stifling the team in open play and seems also to have lost his kicking ability as well. At least start him on the bench for a game and see how it goes.

Man of Honour
Marcus Smith making England selectors look pretty daft....Quins demolishing Chiefs, bonus point in the first half hour.
Was just about to post similar. I just cannot bring myself to enjoy watching England Rugby right now, they’re playing so dull. I’ve always rated Smith and even prefer Ford over Farrell.

Associate
Guardian reporting that Smith will start with Farrell on bench. Genge to captain. Smith finally gets centres who attack and break the line. It was silly to pick Ford in training camp when he needs game time before world cup.

Soldato
Guardian reporting that Smith will start with Farrell on bench. Genge to captain. Smith finally gets centres who attack and break the line. It was silly to pick Ford in training camp when he needs game time before world cup.
BBC now reporting the same thing.....

Realy looking forward to seeing what a team unfettered by Farrel's somewhat "defensive" mindset, with a "proper" inside center and Smith at 10 can do against France.....

Really looking forward to it.

Soldato
Going to be some exciting rugby this weekend. I'm not sure England will be able to win, but with Smith at 10 with Lawrence and JvP either side of him, it'll be exciting to to watch them take the fight to the French. The other 2 games have a whole lot of promise too.

Man of Honour
Looking forward to this weekend, although I hate the Scotland match being on Sunday!!
I fully expect Italy to beat Wales tomorrow and consign Wales to the wooden spoon.....

England v France should be good although I expect the French to win.

In all honesty I expect Ireland to win on Sunday and all but wrap up the title but you never know, would keep it interesting going into the final weekend if Ireland, Scotland or another could still win the title.

Soldato
The pack is dreadful, just not on the same wavelength and not operating the the same physicality and intensity as France.

Slade has been very poor in defense.

Back
Top Bottom